[PO] The Dear Hunter - Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise

Ugh the fact that it was sold for only $80 and I missed out makes me so angry.. 

i have a copy from the first press, when the second press came out i contemplated getting another copy since it was marginally improved box structure... placed an order, and then two weeks later cancelled it before it shipped. lol. now my brother is looking for a copy on the aftermarket and is pissed i cancelled my 2nd press order haha.  i should've just kept the order open

Yeah that was kind of my point. Not sure how you can look at that price and say only $95?!

I missed out on it but I have the clear variant that I got from my cousin. I'm pretty sure the $95 was for Act I & II on clear vinyl plus a lifetime pass to any dear hunter shows. Or maybe that was a different package... $95 is a great deal for that. Theyve played a few shows with Circa Survive that I went to and definitely paid more than $95 for that.

I missed out on it but I have the clear variant that I got from my cousin. I'm pretty sure the $95 was for Act I & II on clear vinyl plus a lifetime pass to any dear hunter shows. Or maybe that was a different package... $95 is a great deal for that. Theyve played a few shows with Circa Survive that I went to and definitely paid more than $95 for that.

We're talking about the box set that was $95.

9f6ed67241dcb4d0a3fc10759eb491b2.jpg

I think the Lifetime Membership was around $120 - which I passed on at the time.  I've spent that much in concert tickets at this point, so it was dumb to skip it.

I think the Lifetime Membership was around $120 - which I passed on at the time.  I've spent that much in concert tickets at this point, so it was dumb to skip it.

OH!!! My bad. haha. I love that box set! It would have been more reasonable at $65 but I dont regret buying it. I had both variants of that too but I sold the second pressing because I didnt like how the records slipped out so easily.

I always wondered about the flip top 1st press.  Seems like after a while those weak points would tear.  I haven't seen one though, so I'm just guessing.

And yeah, it would've been better at $65, but it's a nice fucking set.  I think most bands would've charged over $100 for it.

Its a little frail feeling but I havent had any problems with this one. The first one I received had a big rip in it that happened during shipping. They sent me a replacement box set and an indigo test pressing. :)

I sold the test pressing to someone after I got it signed by the band. I kind of wish I didn't sell it. The reason I did was because I'm a completionist (which isnt a real word apparently) so if I didnt track down test pressings of the other colors for a complete set it would have really bugged me.

Its a little frail feeling but I havent had any problems with this one. The first one I received had a big rip in it that happened during shipping. They sent me a replacement box set and an indigo test pressing. :)

I sold the test pressing to someone after I got it signed by the band. I kind of wish I didn't sell it. The reason I did was because I'm a completionist (which isnt a real word apparently) so if I didnt track down test pressings of the other colors for a complete set it would have really bugged me.

Damn!  That's some sweet customer service right there.

I don't think they ever released the tests for the other 8.  I know they were doing Act I/II and Act III tests on the Pledge Music campaign.  But all of that was too rich for my blood.

I think the Lifetime Membership was around $120 - which I passed on at the time. I've spent that much in concert tickets at this point, so it was dumb to skip it.

Ohhhh. Okay I'm with you now. My bad. Yeah that price for the Color Spectrum is definitely fair.

I got the white compilation for like $10 on eBay. It sounds fantastic, but I heard it's a bootleg. I'm not sure who would make bootleg TDH records though. 

It's not a bootleg, I have the white comp as well, and I purchased it directly from TDH at a show. It was put out by Triple Crown.