PO: The Good Life - Everybody's Coming Down (Tim Kasher of Cursive)

• 2 weeks later...

Well yeah...best in a while, but look what we're comparing it to.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I think his early work is fantastic, but he's been putting out some pretty mediocre stuff for the last 5-6 years.  I'll give everything he releases a listen, my expectations are just much lower now.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I think his early work is fantastic, but he's been putting out some pretty mediocre stuff for the last 5-6 years.  I'll give everything he releases a listen, my expectations are just much lower now.

Exactly. This album isn't bad and it's certainly better than the stuff he's put out "lately" but it's just not up to the level of his earlier Cursive/TGL output.

Exactly. This album isn't bad and it's certainly better than the stuff he's put out "lately" but it's just not up to the level of his earlier Cursive/TGL output.

For me, this album will likely fall somewhere around 5th-7th as far as Tim Kasher full length albums. It's not 'Domestica' or 'The Ugly Organ' or 'Album of The Year' but it's damn good. I don't want to hear those albums again, this guy is 40 years old and still releasing great music. Every album he's done has a very different sound to it - he's got 14 full length albums under his belt and this is perhaps the best since 2007. Enjoy it.

For me, this album will likely fall somewhere around 5th-7th as far as Tim Kasher full length albums. It's not 'Domestica' or 'The Ugly Organ' or 'Album of The Year' but it's damn good. I don't want to hear those albums again, this guy is 40 years old and still releasing great music. Every album he's done has a very different sound to it - he's got 14 full length albums under his belt and this is perhaps the best since 2007. Enjoy it.

You enjoy it. I'll enjoy bitching about it. ;)

(I have to say, I think I still prefer his solo stuff to this so far. I'll need some more time with this though to be sure.)

For me, his solo stuff is his worst.  That last album had a few songs I liked, the rest I had trouble sitting through.  Would have made a dynamite 7" ;)

Yeah, I think I'm weirdly against the current on liking his solo stuff, but since 2006 It's what I've liked best.

• 2 weeks later...

This record sounds indistinguishable from his last solo record to me. Which is to say it probably won't get heavy rotation but it's okay.

Incidentally, I have an extra ticket to the Chicago show. Not sold out but help a brotha out with a PM if you're going to get a ticket anyway!