USPS Now Includes Tracking for Free With Media Mail

Glad everyone will be saving all these 20 cents to help them buy more $40 records.

I've noticed you sure seem to make a lot of generalizations about folks on this board for such a relatively new user and don't have a whole lot to contribute beyond that.

Unrelated, but i dropped off a non record item today using the flat rate priority box and like i always do i wrote fragile on it. I was then informed that due to a new policy that anything shipped out with the word FRAGILE written on it will be subject to a "special handeling fee" which she told me was $10.35, and thats on top of whatever your postage costs.

Unrelated, but i dropped off a non record item today using the flat rate priority box and like i always do i wrote fragile on it. I was then informed that due to a new policy that anything shipped out with the word FRAGILE written on it will be subject to a "special handeling fee" which she told me was $10.35, and thats on top of whatever your postage costs.

Wow you have to pay extra just to not have something thrown around. While waiting in line once I even saw a package getting tossed into a bin. I get they are in a hurry but it doesn't much extra time to set things down gently. Most packages should be assumed fragile. If it can go in a box, it's probably breakable or bendable in some way. I could see 1-2 bucks but $10.35 is crazy unless its something really valuable.

If it is only fragile that costs extra you can try please be careful or handle with care or do not bend. I personally have never written anything on the package and never had an issue. If anything writing fragile might get off some disgruntled employee

yeah the lady just scratched it out on the box i had and said write something like do not bend or do not crush, they had a memo they let me read but when i asked the lady if i could take a picture of it (to pos it here) and she got kinda weird about it, but i read it myself and that is exactly what it said.