PO Soon: Uncle Acid and Deadbeats - Night Creeper

I'll be willing to sell my red/white splatter die hard at cost once (if) it comes in. I'll update the thread when it arrives and see if anyone is interested.

I may or may not have said I'd buy an extra die-hard a few pages back.  ;)

Would have grabbed it myself but damn these PO dropping between paychecks!

No DL card, in fact, I don't think I own a Rise Above release that included one. The album is good and sounds like a continuation of what they were doing on Mind Control. Not much new ground to be found here but Uncle Acid is a throwback band anyway so I wasn't expecting much in that regard. I do hope the band explores a little more with the next album so they don't get stale.

No DL card, in fact, I don't think I own a Rise Above release that included one. The album is good and sounds like a continuation of what they were doing on Mind Control. Not much new ground to be found here but Uncle Acid is a throwback band anyway so I wasn't expecting much in that regard. I do hope the band explores a little more with the next album so they don't get stale.

That's an interesting review. I always liked how Uncle Acid stayed true to their sound, yet to me, each album seemed to venture in a different direction without alienating fans of their past albums. I like this a lot better than Mind Control. Blood Lust will always be on the top of the list for me but I like how they've slowed down the tempo in this one, even though there are still some of those Uncle Acid rockers on it. This might be my personal album of the year so far, really into it.

I need to give it a few more spins before I decide how I rank it against Blood Lust and Mind Control. I like a lot of bands who experiment with new sounds pretty frequently so when I hear a new record that's what I tend to look for. It's a good album no doubt though, not a bad track to be found here. I think they can top Blood Lust if they continue to explore and add new elements to their sound. Maybe the next release should be more of an experimental EP to try out some new ideas? I'd love to see the band continue to slow it down and add even more psychedelic/jam elements that allows for even longer songs. That's just me though and I can see why people would just want them to stick to their core sound.

I need to give it a few more spins before I decide how I rank it against Blood Lust and Mind Control. I like a lot of bands who experiment with new sounds pretty frequently so when I hear a new record that's what I tend to look for. It's a good album no doubt though, not a bad track to be found here. I think they can top Blood Lust if they continue to explore and add new elements to their sound. Maybe the next release should be more of an experimental EP to try out some new ideas? I'd love to see the band continue to slow it down and add even more psychedelic/jam elements that allows for even longer songs. That's just me though and I can see why people would just want them to stick to their core sound.

Yeah, I played it a few times and I liked it at first but I feel like it gets better each time. Slow Death and the "Unknown" song were a perfect album ender for me. It evoked a metal riders on the storm feel for me and then almost a slow Zeppelin-esque song to wrap it up. That being said, in agreement with the slow psych thing. I think they could pull if off really well but I'll be cool with whatever. They haven't let me down so far.

I only have one on the way. Silver, got up at 3am for two weeks worrying that the time change would cost me. It was damn hard holding off on buying cool stuff that caught my eye for a month but it was worth it when I got my order confirmation. After hearing the album in full, I'm even happier, it wasn't Blood Lust but I didn't expect it to be, just a great album with an ominous vibe. My 72 year old father just went back to our home town with my younger brother and said that they listened to it on repeat a few times, they liked it that much.