PO Soon: Uncle Acid and Deadbeats - Night Creeper

Ugh. Delays happen, but damn. I think next time I'll just go with Last Rights.

I'm with you there. The package your friend saw sounded pretty underwhelming for that price tag. The checkout system they use is pretty shoddy and I sent them a pretty pleasant email a few days ago asking about the status of the record, which still has not garnered a response.

Just heard from a buddy of mine that has seen the die hards, "No gatefold, no single pocket. Just a screen print and the discs in generic sleeves."

Maybe I'm crazy, but I was expecting a little more than that for the top-dollar amount they charged for these.

Got my clear die hard today. Pretty disappointed since I paid $75 for it. Was expecting more bells and whistles for that price.

When I checked yesterday (before posting) they said they had to order more from Rise Above. I checked Rise Above's site and the only thing you could order from them was the CD, so I assumed that was out. 

Checked this morning and they've got it listed as in-stock.

Anyhow, thanks just the same.

By the way, the 2xLP they're carrying with them at the tour is a clear tour edition album:

http://www.discogs.com/Uncle-Acid-The-Night-Creeper/release/7471437

That's weird. I only noticed this now but does the non-tour edition not have 'Black Motorcade' as the last track? At least that's what Discogs leads me to believe.

Then again, on the tour version it's a hidden track not mentioned on the sleeve so is it that way on the regular 2LP as well? Would be a very odd choice if it was left out. 'Slow Death is only 9 minutes and that seems like a waste of space to only have that on the D side. I also really like that tune and would rather have it on the album than not have it.

My purple copy has it but you have to hop the needle over a locked groove in order to get it to play. By the way, while we're talking about "Slow Death" and to shift the conversation a little more towards the content of the album and not so much about the LP's variable physical attributes weight/color/height/presidential-electiblity/etc., I want to say that I think "Slow Death" might be my favorite track on the album. The album is great but this song is so different and so sexy and fuckin' like 70's Soul style and weird that I can't believe its Uncle Acid (except for when you hear the vocal). I really love that they flirted with that style for this track. Its just killer and I love that its a long one.

My purple copy has it but you have to hop the needle over a locked groove in order to get it to play. By the way, while we're talking about "Slow Death" and to shift the conversation a little more towards the content of the album and not so much about the LP's variable physical attributes weight/color/height/presidential-electiblity/etc., I want to say that I think "Slow Death" might be my favorite track on the album. The album is great but this song is so different and so sexy and fuckin' like 70's Soul style and weird that I can't believe its Uncle Acid (except for when you hear the vocal). I really love that they flirted with that style for this track. Its just killer and I love that its a long one.

Definitely my favorite song as well. They were killing it on the slower tracks this album.

"Slow Death" is also the track that really stands out for me so far too.  It's a great space-out song.

It just had that Rider's on the Storm effect for me. The build up, his vocals, this band continues to impress me. Thinking of taking a paid day off of work and driving 7 hours to Denver to catch them next week. Probably a pipe dream but its very rare for me to consider driving that far for a musical act.