PO: Coheed & Cambria - The Color Before the Sun

I am very excited for this album, I just wish it wasn't two months away. This set is really nice, and honestly it;s no more than the Afterman set they released, and a lot less work. No burning of cd's involved, and it comes with two books, and a 7"? Yes yes and more yes. Also that Amory Platinum Card is being described as something pretty great. Everything they did wrong with the Black Card, will be improved upon.

It makes zero fucking sense to keep the 7" exclusive to the CD box. Unless the band just stopped giving a fuck about fans.

Especially considering most people will never actually play the 7". I wonder how many people who bought the boxset even own a turntable. I suppose it might be a good gateway for people to get in to vinyl.

Especially considering most people will never actually play the 7". I wonder how many people who bought the boxset even own a turntable. I suppose it might be a good gateway for people to get in to vinyl.

The first record I ever bought was the Afterman Vinyl Double Deluxe because I missed out on the pre-orders for the CD. Its what started the obsession of record collecting for me.

Tweeted Blaze James (Coheed's manager) and asked about a deluxe vinyl edition. His response was "vinyl yes, deluxe no"

https://twitter.com/blzjames/status/629575852250955776

This is the best news to me. Less money to throw down later. Maybe just a clear LP to match the 7" and call it a day!!