PO: Coheed & Cambria - The Color Before the Sun

The first record I ever bought was the Afterman Vinyl Double Deluxe because I missed out on the pre-orders for the CD. Its what started the obsession of record collecting for me.

The Beaver Records 7" that randomly showed up with my Coheed comics got me started. I bought a shitty TT so I could hear it. Now I have a nicer TT and a money pit record collection...

After being surrounded by Coheed fans during Cave In, Thrice and Desaparecidos yesterday, I can honestly say I've never experienced a worse fan base. You would think these people had never been to a concert before. Between the one girl who kept on showing everyone the picture on her phone where she got a CD signed by the band in 2005, to the loud cheers for Claudio IN THE MIDDLE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S SETS.  

After being surrounded by Coheed fans during Cave In, Thrice and Desaparecidos yesterday, I can honestly say I've never experienced a worse fan base. You would think these people had never been to a concert before. Between the one girl who kept on showing everyone the picture on her phone where she got a CD signed by the band in 2005, to the loud cheers for Claudio IN THE MIDDLE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S SETS.

Hahaha I was just talking about this last night. After watching some of the Neverender DVD and seeing people in the crowd...holy shit.

I'm not going to lie, they(we) are some of the worst for sure. It's the obsessive nature I think. I, on the other hand, would slap a mofo if they were talking during Desaparecidos. Fuck that noise.

also grant and i heard the new single (i think) twice (once soundcheck, once walking by after when we left) and holy shit that's probably one of the worst songs i've heard lately

Unfortunately it seems more and more most of the "die hard" online fan bases of just about any band are this way.

Check out the facebook group for Jack White "Third Man Record Collectors" That place is a constant shit show.

Seen similar things in Weezer, Coheed, Pearl Jam.....groups.

Heck and it's not just music, try checking out message boards for prints or funko toys or anything.

I've seen people seriously injured trying to get toys.

Some folks just get rabidly obsessed with something and its just plain bad for regular fans.

Glassjaw and Coheed fans in the same venue. Sounds like fun.

I know people say Coheed fans are dicks but I have only ever had a bad experience with Deftones fans. Well, Chino fans. Crosses and Deftones, if I wasnt in the pit area from the beginning and I'd try to go closer theres a high chance I'm gonna get hit. I even ask nicely if I could get past people to go into the pit and they just look at me and say "No, fuck off." Even when theres nobody right in front of them. I've been hit in the back of the head by people as Im moving through the crowd. I'm not a big guy, and I dont shove people. I kind of just squeeze in as the crowd shifts. Anyway... Coheed concerts have never been an issue with me as far as fans go.