VC coop final list announced

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

let's hear from more non-share holders; would you consider buying these?

no, and honestly i'm blown away by this list. especially the top 4(or 5 i guess). please, someone help me out if i'm confused, but why (at the very least for the first record pressed) would you not want to press something that will fully sell out easily so that the co-op has a chance to thrive. down the road press fanboy stuff. again, maybe i'm misguided, but if this is a business, it's crazy to me to press something there would be minimal interest in. love to be proven wrong though.

records that are super sellers are usually pressed on vinyl previously or are on major labels. we aren't pressing record that have already been pressed and although we can vote for majors, it costs alot of money to buy the rights to it.

Guest Admin
I still think the idea of a 12 minute EP pressed as a 12" is pretty silly

Not into the list, can't really see anything that would sell out of its pressing in reasonable time

the falcon will be a ten inch

let's hear from more non-share holders; would you consider buying these?

no, and honestly i'm blown away by this list. especially the top 4(or 5 i guess). please, someone help me out if i'm confused, but why (at the very least for the first record pressed) would you not want to press something that will fully sell out easily so that the co-op has a chance to thrive. down the road press fanboy stuff. again, maybe i'm misguided, but if this is a business, it's crazy to me to press something there would be minimal interest in. love to be proven wrong though.

dude most of that list is gauranteed sell through.

1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10,11,14,15 in my opinion are all seriously solid records, and wouldn't last a week on VC without selling out.

Eh...I like some of the selected. I see Falcon being a lot easier to get than Suicide Machines but we'll see.

I figured my three wouldn't make the top list but I am a little surprised about those that did. Just an example, hasn't it been said about 1,000 times that "The Devil and God" is going to be pressed but it's a hold up with the label? Besides what are the legit odds of getting that.

Guest genericinsight

As a non-shareholder, while I certainly love and enjoy a lot of those releases, the only ones I think I'd actually be interested in buying would be Sundowner, Suicide Machines (DBD), A Wilhelm Scream and maybe Cobra Skulls.

Eh...I like some of the selected. I see Falcon being a lot easier to get than Suicide Machines but we'll see.

I figured my three wouldn't make the top list but I am a little surprised about those that did. Just an example, hasn't it been said about 1,000 times that "The Devil and God" is going to be pressed but it's a hold up with the label? Besides what are the legit odds of getting that.

We told people that until we were all blue in the face. Didn't matter, it got votes. Personally stoked to see At the Drive-In up there even if it might not happen.

not a share holder but heres my 2 cents:

glassjaw, atd-i brand new (even though it has a pointless spot on the list) and osker are about the only things that grab my eye, hell i've not even heard a couple of those bands that make the cut. Im not aware of the popularity of some of those bands, but do you guys really think this stuff will sell?? and why the fuck didnt the bleds 'pass the flask' make the cut, that is a perfect record for this project if you ask me, well know band on a smallish label and a great record with potential for a sweet package and hasnt been pressed. seems like the majority voted with the short term of what they really wanted pressed for their own collections in mind rather than looking long term at what would sell well and raise the profile of the label for future pressings.

I still think the idea of a 12 minute EP pressed as a 12" is pretty silly

Not into the list, can't really see anything that would sell out of its pressing in reasonable time

the falcon will be a ten inch

Sounds like this one is already a done deal. I wondered why it was #2....

Wouldn't pressing an EP also mean that we would have to sell it for a lower cost opposed to an LP, which would then throw off all the numbers for the next pressing? Or can you get 1200 10"s for the price of 1000 12"s?

Again, can we please see a full tally??? The people want to know!

seems like the majority voted with the short term of what they really wanted pressed for their own collections in mind rather than looking long term at what would sell well and raise the profile of the label for future pressings.

ding ding ding

That's kind of what they're suppose to do. Most likely if one person wants it 1000 other people do too.

As for the people who say they haven't heard the bands or know about their popularity, why don't you go check them out? I'm sure they all have MySpace pages. Maybe, gasp, you'll find something new you'll like. Never know, it could happen.

I think the profile is actually pretty high, I mean, the shares took, what 8 minutes to sell out? I'm not trying to shoot you down but I think people should have just focused on picking stuff they want more than anything else. Its just simpler and in all likelihood the stuff you want is most likely the stuff a bunch of other people want too.

I think the profile is actually pretty high, I mean, the shares took, what 8 minutes to sell out? I'm not trying to shoot you down but I think people should have just focused on picking stuff they want more than anything else. Its just simpler and in all likelihood the stuff you want is most likely the stuff a bunch of other people want too.

like i said, i'd like to be proven wrong, and i'm certainly not hoping anyone fails here. i'm just glad i didn't invest, and remain baffled by the top choices.

ding ding ding

That's kind of what they're suppose to do. Most likely if one person wants it 1000 other people do too.

As for the people who say they haven't heard the bands or know about their popularity, why don't you go check them out? I'm sure they all have MySpace pages. Maybe, gasp, you'll find something new you'll like. Never know, it could happen.

While i appreciate and enjoy discovering new bands, generally i buy records of bands i've heard of before ones ive just found. Having to search out the bands in order to decide if you want to buy the record or not kind of reduces the chances of sales though dont you think? Now i'm aware that getting records from high profile bands was out of the question, but bands that are well known enough to quickly sell 1000 copies were not and I think maybe people were a little selfish with their voting and disregarded the bigger picture. As for your argument that if one person likes it, the chances are that 999 others will too, well I fail to see any logic in that at all. That's just my opinion though and there seems to be some well placed dudes in the industry involved with this project so maybe im wrong.

I'm not having a dig at the label, i think its a great idea and i'd have got a share given the chance, but i'm still a little surprised by the contents of the final list is all. Someone asked for non-shareholder opinion and im offering some, take it or leave it.