Wolf parade.

Closet monster.

Moneen.

Chad vangaleen.

Belvedere.

The fullblast.

Hostage life.

Bombs over Providence.

OP if you like punk Def check out belvedere, fullblast and closet monster.

Closet monster may not be your thing. But I fucking loved them.

Also rip to like all those bands

Yay for Weakerthans! I'm so glad they came through Detroit so often.

I'm a big fan of Constantines. I feel like they never got their due, but that's mostly because I've never actually met another person in real life that was into them.

Huge fan of Constantines right here.

So many great bands have been mentioned, but I'm also gonna throw The Deadly Snakes out there. Love Undone is a classic album. Check out "Real Rock and Roll Tonight" and "Who Loves Ya Baby (Not Me)". They're like a Canadian version of the Oblivians and Greg Cartwright actually was in the band for a while.

Other good bands that are not yet mentioned are Meligrove Band, The Carnations, Novillero and Hot Little Rocket.

Favorite Canadian bands are July Talk and Rural Alberta Advantage. July Talk are probably the best I've ever seen live. Such energy and they are super cool people.

Some other favorites of mine are

Hey Rosetta

Said The Whale

Tokyo Police Club

Land of Talk (Sorry this band is no more)

the raa are amazing. but I really don't like July talk. I've seen them live so many times since they're always here, and I don't get them.

but seriously, people are just naming all the big(ish) Canadian bands. I realize they might not be as big in the states, but still. it's not hard to find the raa or Tokyo police club. Rambo, listen to my damn recs!!

I'll be in Toronto Sept 10 -14. Hoping I get an actual Canadian Passport stamp this time. I don't see any good concerts listed while I'm in town, at least not any I'm interested in. 

Love Toronto. Think I'll bite the bullet to go to the top of the CM this time. 

I have no idea what kind of music you're into, but one of my all-time favourite local bands, Bruce Peninsula (folk/indie/prog meets gospel with 5 or 6 vocalists, including Tamara Lindemann of the Weather Station, Katie Stelmanis of Austra, and a few other notable musicians) is performing at the Toronto Film Fest in connection to a film they contributed to, on September 11. More information here: https://www.facebook.com/events/675107552588809/

PS - if you mean the CN Tower, it's totally fun (obviously touristy, but still a fun experience), but if you want a better (but not overhead) view, go to Toronto Island to walk around and take a look at the city from there. One of my favourite spots in the city.

I'll be in Toronto Sept 10 -14. Hoping I get an actual Canadian Passport stamp this time. I don't see any good concerts listed while I'm in town, at least not any I'm interested in. 

I've never been able to get a passport stamp between the US and Canada.  Good luck though!

• 2 weeks later...

Rambo, listen to my damn recs!!

I just spent the last hour and a half adding stuff to a playlist.

Skipped over stuff that sounded like the dudes from FUBAR would like, or anything that sounded like Uptown Funk, Down Home Country, or Europop. I really liked most of the stuff DafTyler suggested, still have a few more to check out though!

Toronto is fun, you're missing a few cool dates by a few days. You totally should go up the CN tower and do the "Edge Walk" if you're willing to fork over the cash.

As for Canadian bands:

Akitsa

Operation Winter Mist

Thantifaxath

The Flatliners

No Joy

Indian Handcrafts

Old Witch

Labels:

Profound Lore

Hypaethral Records

I just spent the last hour and a half adding stuff to a playlist.

Skipped over stuff that sounded like the dudes from FUBAR would like, or anything that sounded like Uptown Funk, Down Home Country, or Europop. I really liked most of the stuff DafTyler suggested, still have a few more to check out though!

;)

• 3 months later...

nap eyes

METZ (fuzz kings)

grounders

Quaker parents

monomyth

Alex Calder

faith healer

homeshake

makeout videotape (mac demarco's old band)

Also in this style Travis Bretzer he is from edmonton scene as well, played in bads with mac and peter from homeshake. 

I put his debut album out on tape it is more fuzzy:

https://humansoundsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/saucy-tasters

His newest album is out on mexican summer it's a lot cleaner, Jorge Elbrecht produced it and it features members of Ariel Pink's band:

https://travisbretzer.bandcamp.com/album/waxing-romantic