Godspeed You! Black Emperor Fall 2015 tour

haha i'm alive. just really busy at work today and exhausted on top of that (didn't get home until nearly 2 and was up before 6).

show was amazing. they opened with hope drone, played all of asunder, new song, storm, and mladic. I was a little bummed they didn't play moya, but pretty hard to be disappointed after that. I couldn't believe how HUGE the stuff from asunder was--translated really well live.

the projection show was mindblowing as well. I don't know how that dude keeps everything straight.

THEY PLAYED STORM!??!! Fuuuuuck mannnnnn, that's my favorite thing of theirs.

Grrrrrr!!!

I think he's just generally busting on you for how fucking verbose and intense you are. We all like music here, but you get excited like a puppy humping a leg over everything, dude.

I love that I get excited like this about music. Life would be so boring otherwise. Freaking out is the greatest thing!

How was Storm without the trumpets, though?

You're both correct, for what it's worth.  I'm all about people who are passionate about music – I see nothing wrong with that in the least.  Lord knows I get way too excited about shows, new records, new vinyl presses, etc.  Often times they're the highlight of my day or week, depending on the hype, but I guess I just channel it internally.  To each his own, though.

Dude does love his analogies, though.

I love that I get excited like this about music. Life would be so boring otherwise. Freaking out is the greatest thing!

How was Storm without the trumpets, though?

You're both correct, for what it's worth.  I'm all about people who are passionate about music – I see nothing wrong with that in the least.  Lord knows I get way too excited about shows, new records, new vinyl presses, etc.  Often times they're the highlight of my day or week, depending on the hype, but I guess I just channel it internally.  To each his own, though.

Dude does love his analogies, though.

There's something to be said for internalizing some of that excitement and not having to freak out all over the place about how great you think something is. I get really excited about things too, but it just seems like homeboy goes nuts about eeeeeverything.

Keeping things in is unhealthy!!!

But dude, that live Godspeed sound... wowwww. It's quite unlike anything else I've ever experienced. It just completely engulfs you. It's like you're surrounded by beautiful sound pressure, just holding and cradling you and rocking you towards an ecstatic heavenly peak.

Damn, that was easy. haha

Saw the show last night in pittsburgh. agree they brought the noise. They literally played for an hour straight before their first "applause break" every instrument was just brought to a whole new level and made it epic. My seats kinda made it hard to see two of the guitarists but they seemed to be the least interesting when i did get to see them do stuff.

Glad they played monheim and sad mafioso was an awesome closer to end the night. Still trying to figure out what a song or two was but all and all great experience and probably best show ive seen all year (unfortunately most fun will always go to andrew wk)

I'm going to say something controversial here. I saw them last week...& can honestly say I was a bit underwhelmed. No doubt the "wall of sound" was immense, but visually I was expecting much more. It all just came across as someone playing records really really loudly.

Granted, everything sounded amazing, but for me I didn't feel wrapped up in the performance. Everyone just kind of stood there. And the projections were neat, but really didn't do anything for me.

I was still stoked to get to see them, but based on the hype, I was a bit underwhelmed.

I'm going to say something controversial here. I saw them last week...& can honestly say I was a bit underwhelmed. No doubt the "wall of sound" was immense, but visually I was expecting much more. It all just came across as someone playing records really really loudly.

Granted, everything sounded amazing, but for me I didn't feel wrapped up in the performance. Everyone just kind of stood there. And the projections were neat, but really didn't do anything for me.

I was still stoked to get to see them, but based on the hype, I was a bit underwhelmed.

Hmmmm.... It was never really about anything more than the music for me, at least.

And when you say everyone was just standing there, are you talking about the crowd? That's the way it mostly was at the show I saw, except for the ones around me who I was able to loosen up and get grooving. I was dancing like a madman for that shit, and the people next to me I think felt less self-conscious enough to let themselves open up and move, too.

Post-rock crowds are so fucking weird, it's like everyone's too fucking scared to show emotion and let loose and move their body. Way too self-conscious.

I was fucking JUMPING during Godspeed. That shit was so amazing for me, the power of that music. Especially the new song, I was going nuts during that fast dancey hi-hat part in the middle, when everything was kind of like wavering and shaking and quaking back and forth as it rose to a climax.

I dance to most music anyway, because dancing to music is the greatest fucking thing. But yeah, most of the crowd just stood there. I don't get how that's at all enjoyable.