Sunn O))) - Kannon

Just in case anybody else in Europe is still waiting for his clear M&D to ship, I asked about it and here's the response:

I'm still waiting for mine (+blue Kannon w/flexi), no shipping notice or anything :/ anyone else? Have emailed SL and awaiting their response, fearing the worst... Do SL Europe usually issue a notice when an order is shipped?

Agree with all of this. Sadly, other than Monoliths which was 6+ years ago, I can't remember the last O))) release that really floored me,

Monoliths is really the only one that has done much for me. I figured this album would be more of the same, like 95% of their output. I feel like when you have heard 2-3 songs from them, you have heard it all. I listened to this a little on Youtube and will just stick to blasting Alice when I need some Sunn drone in my ears.

i really dig this one.

Yeah, I'm into it. The back-to-basics approach just feels right, especially after the Scott Walker collab (which I loved). People seem really hung up on M&D, but I find that one kind of a chore to spin in one sitting, whereas Kannon feels like the purest distillation of their sound to me and doesn't wear out its welcome.

I guess what I'm saying is that Kannon is to 2015 Sunn what 'Star Wars' is to 2015 Wilco.

• 5 months later...

Apologies for posting in a thread from 6 months ago, but I just spotted the standard version for (what I think is) a crazy low price of £11.39 on UK Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kannon-VINYL-SUNN-O/dp/B015S221ME/). Not sure if there's any reason it would be so cheap all of a sudden, but personally I'd call it a decent bargain.

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, essjaydee said:

Apologies for posting in a thread from 6 months ago, but I just spotted the standard version for (what I think is) a crazy low price of £11.39 on UK Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kannon-VINYL-SUNN-O/dp/B015S221ME/). Not sure if there's any reason it would be so cheap all of a sudden, but personally I'd call it a decent bargain.

Cheers!

$16.18 is what it comes out to be, and since the US price is $17.09, international shipping would likely make it more expensive.