PO: Ghostbath - Moonlover

Regardless of my wallet whispering "stop buying records!" I ordered a clear. Not even sure if I like the album, but I love the artwork.

Yeah I love the artwork. I'm thinking of picking up the clear too... and the CD.

But holy hell, these guys are literally Sunbather 2.0.

EDIT: So, I like this album. I don't love it. But I like it. They sound like a not-quite-as-good version of Deafheaven.

However, the sound of this album is fucking fantastic. Those drums!!! The blastbeats on HappyHouse sound fucking incredible. I haven't been that impressed by blast beats since fucking Horgh's shit on Sons of Northern Darkness. I really like the production on this album, but the songs just don't compleeeetely grab me. Maybe in time.

Or maybe I should just pull the trigger on a clear and sell it to someone else for like 30euros later :P

in no way did I think an initial run of 1000 would sell out in less than a handful of hours. I didn't think that many people even knew this band existed.

its still available from Northern Silence Productions, the Germany-based label that puts this out. Shipping to the US shouldn't be too expensive either. There's even still the clear variant /100 available.

I'm still on the fence about this.. cool moments on this for sure, but the incorporation of the folk elements comes off a little artifical for me. Will need to give it a few more listens. On another note, charging 5€ (or even 7€!) for the more limited variants is really putting me off, too. I will be happy with a black copy for 15€, though.

its still available from Northern Silence Productions, the Germany-based label that puts this out. Shipping to the US shouldn't be too expensive either. There's even still the clear variant /100 available.

I'm still on the fence about this.. cool moments on this for sure, but the incorporation of the folk elements comes off a little artifical for me. Will need to give it a few more listens. On another note, charging 5€ (or even 7€!) for the more limited variants is really putting me off, too. I will be happy with a black copy for 15€, though.

Thanks! I was quick to post. Im trying to snag the white variant but the check out process is very unusual, so I'm currently waiting for an order email. The black/white split would've ruled, though.

Thanks! I was quick to post. Im trying to snag the white variant but the check out process is very unusual, so I'm currently waiting for an order email. The black/white split would've ruled, though.

Make sure you check your spam account, because that's where my payment email wound up. I copped the standard black. Not trying to break the bank on a single LP, but looking forward to receiving this nonetheless.

I liked the folk elements a lot.  My only minor gripe is that some of the flow between songs is off.  Otherwise, this is a great album.

That's actually the one thing I really don't dig about the album; the folk melodies feel a little forced. I love their sound otherwise, those riffs are sick.

I just don't like the folky stuff in metal in general. Just a taste thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Does it compromise the clarity of the sound? Like, if you turn the volume up does it sound as it should? Quiet records may be annoying, but I've never had much of a problem with them if the solution is just to turn it up a little louder.

I'm pretty confident he's talking about the record not being noisy as hell instead of actually quiet playback.