PO SOON: Bloc Party - Hymns (out 1/29/16)

• 1 month later...

Got to listen to Hymns several times this week.

Seems like natural progression from Nextwave. Can't say I love it, but it's definitely a grower and I'm starting to like a majority of the tracks. Into The Earth, My True Name, Only He Can Heal Me and So Real are my favorites right now. In their discography I'd probably rank it tied at the bottom with Intimacy, expecting it to surpass it though. Wish the lineup hadn't changed and they progressed from Four... oh well.

There's nothing I would call bad on here, just forgettable and uninspired. The choice of the two pre-release singles makes sense to me now -- they're practically the only tracks with energy. Perhaps there are some tunes on here that'll become new Better Than Heavens/The Healings for me, but those tracks had more going on.

Seems like natural progression from Nextwave. Can't say I love it, but it's definitely a grower and I'm starting to like a majority of the tracks. Into The Earth, My True Name, Only He Can Heal Me and So Real are my favorites right now. In their discography I'd probably rank it tied at the bottom with Intimacy, expecting it to surpass it though. Wish the lineup hadn't changed and they progressed from Four... oh well.

There's nothing I would call bad on here, just forgettable and uninspired. The choice of the two pre-release singles makes sense to me now -- they're practically the only tracks with energy. Perhaps there are some tunes on here that'll become new Better Than Heavens/The Healings for me, but those tracks had more going on.

I'm assuming this was all through a leak? 

This does not bode well. If you think "The Good News" is one of two songs on the record that has energy, this album is bound to be a disaster. That's the most boring/lifeless song I've ever heard and this is coming from someone who adores Bloc.

Still excited to hear it myself even if I know it won't live up to the expectations I didn't actually have to begin with..

This does not bode well. If you think "The Good News" is one of two songs on the record that has energy, this album is bound to be a disaster. That's the most boring/lifeless song I've ever heard and this is coming from someone who adores Bloc.

The chorus of Love Within is by far the most energetic part of the album. The entire thing is pretty subdued. Half the tracks sound like they belong on a Kele solo album.

That being said, I still really like 4 or 5 of the tracks. But even those don't hold a candle to their best material. Into the Earth, So Real and Only He Can Heal Me are my current faves. Really didn't like Heal at first but I dig it now.

The chorus of Love Within is by far the most energetic part of the album. The entire thing is pretty subdued. Half the tracks sound like they belong on a Kele solo album.

That being said, I still really like 4 or 5 of the tracks. But even those don't hold a candle to their best material. Into the Earth, So Real and Only He Can Heal Me are my current faves. Really didn't like Heal at first but I dig it now.

Yeah, TLW is a really fun song. The live version of Into the Earth is pretty good too. Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Virtue? The live version of this actually sounds really nice. I'm hoping the album version holds up.

Yeah, TLW is a really fun song. The live version of Into the Earth is pretty good too. Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Virtue? The live version of this actually sounds really nice. I'm hoping the album version holds up.

I quite like it. One of the better tracks on here for sure.

Still not feeling Living Lux, Exes, Different Drugs and Fortress. They're all harmless though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My recordstore.co.uk order hasn't arrived in Canada yet.

I sent an email and the CSR said that since they don't provide tracking, they're considering the package lost and can't send a replacement because they don't have any stock left. My options now are either store credit or a refund.

Anyone else order from them? I'm assuming those in the UK got their orders fine.

I sent an email and the CSR said that since they don't provide tracking, they're considering the package lost and can't send a replacement because they don't have any stock left. My options now are either store credit or a refund.

Anyone else order from them? I'm assuming those in the UK got their orders fine.

My order arrived in the US a week or two ago.

I should have just ordered a non-signed one from Amazon. My copy had some dings and honestly... I don't know why I felt the urge to have Justin and especially Louise sign a record of mine. Autographs typically feel pointless to me if bought as a second-hand item. Oh well.

I'm in New Zealand and got mine a week or so ago.

My order arrived in the US a week or two ago.

I should have just ordered a non-signed one from Amazon. My copy had some dings and honestly... I don't know why I felt the urge to have Justin and especially Louise sign a record of mine. Autographs typically feel pointless to me if bought as a second-hand item. Oh well.

I'm in New Zealand and got mine a week or so ago.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like Canada Post screwed me over.