What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

A top 25 would have been a lot more fun and challenging.

I don't even know if I would be able to take my top ten list to my grave, five of them, sure, maybe not all ten. I don't know. It's just albums I know that I will never grow tired of (the whole desert-island mentality) that I have been listening to consistently for years. 

I think I'm going to do top 10most influential albums next.

I just recently gave Thursday, Sunny Day Real Estate and Taking Back Sunday a listen, because they get a lot of praise from people who have a similar taste like me. Didn't really like Thursday, but Sunny Day Real Estate (especially Diary) was pretty solid.

Thursday's Full Collapse was a gateway to all heavier emo for me. That album holds a special place in my heart. I was at camp Woodward in 2001 when I heard it for the first time. My skating has never been the same because of that album. I listened to it on repeat for the entire summer and fall. All their other stuff I don't care for. They aren't very good live either.

Sunny Day Real Estate is so damn good. Diary is so incredibly perfect. It's the quintessential Seattle emo album.

Thursday's Full Collapse was a gateway to all heavier emo for me. That album holds a special place in my heart. I was at camp Woodward in 2001 when I heard it for the first time. My skating has never been the same because of that album. I listened to it on repeat for the entire summer and fall. All their other stuff I don't care for. They aren't very good live either.

Sunny Day Real Estate is so damn good. Diary is so incredibly perfect. It's the quintessential Seattle emo album.

full collapse was a high school game changer

i discovered them from MTV of all places.  They would play the video for Understanding In A Car Crash and Cross Out The Eyes and 16 year old me would geek so fucking hard.  Same with Second Stage Turbine Blade and Your Favorite Weapon and that first record by The Used.  

full collapse was a high school game changer

i discovered them from MTV of all places.  They would play the video for Understanding In A Car Crash and Cross Out The Eyes and 16 year old me would geek so fucking hard.  Same with Second Stage Turbine Blade and Your Favorite Weapon and that first record by The Used.  

Full Collapse is a staple, and it honestly doesn't get enough credit. It's right up there with Thrice's Artist In The Ambulance.

Curious to know where Tell All Your Friends falls on your list.

Full Collapse is a staple, and it honestly doesn't get enough credit. It's right up there with Thrice's Artist In The Ambulance.

Curious to know where Tell All Your Friends falls on your list.

I love tell all your friends... but not as much as I love Worship & Tribute.  I didn't need a whole list of Long Island bands I loved in high school.  To me Glassjaw topped them all (brand new, taking back sunday, Thursday, coheed, the movielife, etc etc) 

picking a favorite thrice album is difficult enough.  

Off the top of my head:

1. Patti Smith - Horses

2. Big Star - #1 Record

3. The Velvet Underground - S/T

4. Husker Du - Zen Arcade

5. Slade - Slayed

6. Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding

7. 13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere

8. Prince - Dirty Mind

9. The Replacements - Let it Be

10. David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Off the top of my head:

1. Patti Smith - Horses

2. Big Star - #1 Record

3. The Velvet Underground - S/T

4. Husker Du - Zen Arcade

5. Slade - Slayed

6. Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding

7. 13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere

8. Prince - Dirty Mind

9. The Replacements - Let it Be

10. David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Glad to see Roky getting some love.

And this is why I have found my home here... I have made friends with 100 versions of myself :) Was thinking I would do a one based on 80's & 90's only Punk/Hardcore... the ones I just couldn't go without 

Top 10 Punk Albums Of All Time. That's going to happen. And when I say punk, I mean REAL punk.

Big Black is so underrated. It makes me sad how not a lot of people know about them. Pig Pile is my favorite by them.

Anb Texas is in my top 15. They just barely didn't make the 10 cut. Glad to see then getting love.

I never understood why more people do not love big black. or Shellac or even Rapeman, Everything Albini does is gold in my opinion 

Interesting choice from the Emery spectrum. Just curious, do you have a personal connection to it or something? Don't get me wrong, it's a solid album, I've just never heard of it being any Emery fan's favorite.

really? If I remember correctly there are some members on this board that feel this is their best as well. The Question is a very close second, and the rest of their albums are about tied.

I never understood why more people do not love big black. or Shellac or even Rapeman, Everything Albini does is gold in my opinion 

Cause a lot of people don't even know who Albini is, which blows my fucking mind.

Of those, Shellac is my shit.

This is we we're friends.

Not going to abide by the 5 year rule since a lot of my favorite releases were in the last 5 years, so here goes. In no particular order

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Between the Buried and Me - Colors

Dikembe - Broad Shoulders 

Dads - American Radass (this is important)

Alcest - Ecailles de Lune

The Fall of Troy - Manipulator

Silversun Pickups - Carnavas

The Hotelier - Home, Like Noplace Is There

Fang Island - Fang Island

Honorable mentions:

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand

The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Whenever, If Ever

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Beach House - Teen Dream

Baroness - Blue Record