What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

Even Bruce likes Brand New's latest two albums.

Personally, I prefer Deja, but TDAG is a close second.

TDAG and Daisy are dope as fuck. If you get me drunk enough I will sing all of YFW with you. But there's really only like 3 decent songs on Deja and at least 2 of those are purely because of nostalgia.

It's different for Chuck and me because 5 years is almost 1/3 of our lives. 

To be honest, I only started taking music seriously like a year and a half ago. I don't think anything on my list has been with me for longer than two years except TCATS, which I've known forever.

I think the only thing that is on my list that would have also been on my list at age 16 is Marshall Mathers LP.

Maybe Boston's s/t too, but that's mostly there for very personal reasons.

Other than that, my list started shaping itself around 18 on. 

TDAG and Daisy are dope as fuck. If you get me drunk enough I will sing all of YFW with you. But there's really only like 3 decent songs on Deja and at least 2 of those are purely because of nostalgia.

I love drunken Brand New sing-a-longs so much. YFW is perfect for that.

Top 10 Albums Of All Time:

// Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape (1997)

// Nirvana - Nevermind (1991)

// Black Sabbath - Master of Reality (1971)

// Black Flag - Damaged (1981)

// Caspian - Tertia (2009)

// Between The Buried And Me - Colors (2007)

// Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf (2002)

// Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (1975)

// Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (1991)

// Green Day - Dookie (1994)

Props on:

Damaged (Never get tired of any of these songs!)

Master of Reality (Lord of This World is fucking massively crushing)

Songs for the Deaf (It has a perfect pace that never gets boring and flows so well. Solid songwriting for sure, also one of the best live shows I have ever seen. QOTSA kill it.)

Dookie (Having come out when I was in high school it had everything I needed to completely relate to it in one way or another so it's never been more than a few steps or clicks away from me since '94. Best running soundtrack EVER!!!)

It's different for Chuck and me because 5 years is almost 1/3 of our lives. 

To be honest, I only started taking music seriously like a year and a half ago. I don't think anything on my list has been with me for longer than two years except TCATS, which I've known forever.

Yeah, like, I know I'm still 20 and all, but I didn't start taking music seriously until I was 17, 16 maybe. Before then, allll I listened to was nostalgia rock and metalcore, maybe some deathcore acts. Almost all of which I look back on and think they're bleh. Lydia, BTBAM, Circa Survive, Unexpect, and Death are probably the only bands I liked in highschool that have still stuck with me, tbh.

Gahhhhh

In order:

1 - The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2 - 2001

2 - Pavement - Wowee Zowee - 1995

3 - Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About - 1996

4 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven - 2000

5 - The Wrens - The Meadowlands - 2003

6 - Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle - 1993

7 - The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat - 1968

8 - of Montreal - Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies: A Variety of Whimsical Verse - 2001

9 - Radiohead - Amnesiac - 2001

0 - Titus Andronicus - The Monitor - 2010

I feel naked now.

Glad to see The Microphones getting love. You're naked, and I like it.

I love drunken Brand New sing-a-longs so much. YFW is perfect for that.

My early-mid 20s are a blur of drunken YFW sing alongs.

My favorite is the time someone said "Back I'm school..." and they never finished the sentence because someone yelled "They never taught us what we needed to know" and everyone immediately joined in.

If I'm sober don't even come at me with no YFW bullshit though.

Props on:

Damaged (Never get tired of any of these songs!)

Master of Reality (Lord of This World is fucking massively crushing)

Songs for the Deaf (It has a perfect pace that never gets boring and flows so well. Solid songwriting for sure, also one of the best live shows I have ever seen. QOTSA kill it.)

Dookie (Having come out when I was in high school it had everything I needed to completely relate to it in one way or another so it's never been more than a few steps or clicks away from me since '94. Best running soundtrack EVER!!!)

I actually have a Black Flag tattoo. I got it like 8 years ago, and it was my first. That album means so much to me.

Who doesn't like Sabbath, honestly?

That album kicks you in the deaf every single time. I will never get sick of it. One of the most solid albums ever.

Dookie was my gateway into punk, and it might be one of my top listened to albums ever. I'll never get sick of it, and I don't care how much hate they get. That album was my school soundtrack, and I still listen to it weekly.

Whats up with kids not taking music seriously until they are 15-20? I was in my first punk band at like 12. Playing out of town shows at bars that my mom had to tag along just so I could get in to my own show when I was like 13-14. I'v had my Minor Threat/Alk3/AFI 7"s since I'v been 12-13 also. Step up your game 20th century children.

Whats up with kids not taking music seriously until they are 15-20? I was in my first punk band at like 12. Playing out of town shows at bars that my mom had to tag along just so I could get in to my own show when I was like 13-14. I'v had my Minor Threat/Alk3/AFI 7"s since I'v been 12-13 also. Step up your game 20th century children.

I blame their hip haircuts, snapchats, and more than 151 pokemon

Remind me next time you get drunk cuz I probably know that whole album too lol

It is weird, huh? The only way I can explain for myself is that it's just how it happened.

I can't really explain why I never got into music earlier, but I can say that if I could change it, I absolutely would. There's so much good music for me to consume now that I can't catch up. Even if I was huge into the medium when I was 6 it'd be too much to listen to, but still less!

I actually have a Black Flag tattoo. I got it like 8 years ago, and it was my first. That album means so much to me.

That album kicks you in the deaf every single time. I will never get sick of it. One of the most solid albums ever.

Dookie was my gateway into punk, and it might be one of my top listened to albums ever. I'll never get sick of it, and I don't care how much hate they get. That album was my school soundtrack, and I still listen to it weekly.

I dunno, I got pretty sick of Dookie coming on the radio at least once per car ride every car ride in the 90s AND early 2000s. They were my first concert though, I used to prefer Warning back in the day haha.

Reasons I didn't realize how awesome music was until later: Stuff on the radio never interested me, friends listened to music I just could not get into, and I didn't learn how to discover music on the internet yet. The only instrument I played at the time was trumpet, and I didn't know ska was a thing.

EDIT: Also, dad was a big music fan, but only dad rock. Beatles, The Who, etc. I heard it all the time and it just never resonated with me.

My list in High School was almost the same as it is now other than The Monitor since it wasn't out yet. High School me would have put Relationship of Command or The Power of Failing in its place.

Same. Except I would have Minor Threat instead of BTBAM, and Kyuss instead of Caspian.

I listened to a lot of Nimrod when I was growing up. Kinda holds a special place somewhere in there.