PO : Hot Water Music - Forever And Counting / Rise Records

Man this was announced way back in 2012: https://www.punknews.org/article/48557/rise-to-re-release-hot-water-musics-forever-and-counting

I definitely made a earlier thread but can't find it. Not saying it because "first" or anything but I honestly didn't think it was going to happen because it took so long. 4 years to put out a reissue. Wow.

Also

In for White/Gold. 

I know the white and gold is the much rarer of the two, but the black and gold looks so much nicer. Course, that might be because I'm a Pittsburgh fan...Anyhow I missed out on the screen printed "final" No Idea pressing of this, so if anyone feels like letting that one go in favor of this release, hit me up.

Yes, but it's out of print for a while .. and this will be remastered. 

This is all true, but my point is that this isn't 100 out of 2000 copies its like 100 of 15000.  The Doghouse blue and red are obviously going to be much more sought after than these. Coming from someone who didn't pull the trigger.

Everything's fine .. as you can see from my profile pic, Hot Water Music means something to me ..  I collect everything as soon as covers, label or something like that changes. I've got a black and a blue from Doghouse, a black Defiance, a first press on No Idea and the silk screen from the final pressing. So the Rise release is just another "must have" in my collection. I'm sorry for all those who reject this hero worship ..  :rolleyes:

Everything's fine .. as you can see from my profile pic, Hot Water Music means something to me ..  I collect everything as soon as covers, label or something like that changes. I've got a black and a blue from Doghouse, a black Defiance, a first press on No Idea and the silk screen from the final pressing. So the Rise release is just another "must have" in my collection. I'm sorry for all those who reject this hero worship ..  :rolleyes:

Not to overstep I don't think Shenanigans was shitting on you like you think. People aren't necessarily racing to buy this because even though this is remastered it was readily available for a long time. People may not share the same sustained enthusiasm. That said I also didn't see any social media hype about it and it was originally announced almost 4 years ago.

Jason Black ranked their albums and his forever and counting commentary is hilarious.

http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/rank-your-records-hot-water-music-jason-black

I don't agree with Jason in all things, but Caution is their best ....

[but not the same discussion all fortnight ..  ;) ]

I bought this simply for the remastered album. Outside of O'Pioneers!! 'Black Mambas', these first few HWM albums were ones I really wouldn't have minded hearing cleaned up versions of. I'm not a stickler for overall production value, but these have always stuck out for me

not shitting on you at all. if this was a souls release i'd be in the same boat you are, but i don't collect HWM or really most no idea bands because I don't need 20 copies of the same record

not shitting on you at all. if this was a souls release i'd be in the same boat you are, but i don't collect HWM or really most no idea bands because I don't need 20 copies of the same record

Fairly certain No Idea runs the ADD Records type of variant game: order X number of a release on random color vinyl(leftover pellets/goulash) and try to break down that overall pressing into definable categories based on shades of spew in each record.

Obviously not true for each specific release, but, when you see so many variants referred to as some sort of idea of mustard yellow, or fifteen plays on the word purple, it starts to get obvious.

I highlight the 'NOT TRUE FOR EACH SPECIFIC RELEASE'

I'm just saying that some variant games are horribly warbled.

This is specifically for the people who think they do need 20 copies of the same record

Fairly certain No Idea runs the ADD Records type of variant game: order X number of a release on random color vinyl(leftover pellets/goulash) and try to break down that overall pressing into definable categories based on shades of spew in each record.

Obviously not true for each specific release, but, when you see so many variants referred to as some sort of idea of mustard yellow, or fifteen plays on the word purple, it starts to get obvious.

I highlight the 'NOT TRUE FOR EACH SPECIFIC RELEASE'

I'm just saying that some variant games are horribly warbled.

This is specifically for the people who think they do need 20 copies of the same record

Oh no doubt, but they have pressed it 6 times so even if it was only 1 or 2 colors on each...plus screenprinted covers and such

• 1 month later...

Just bought the white & gold split version. So how is there still some available if they only pressed 100 copies? Weird if you ask me. Makes me the record label lists record at lower quantities to attract more buyers? There's no way there's only 100 made and they're still not sold out.

Just bought the white & gold split version. So how is there still some available if they only pressed 100 copies? Weird if you ask me. Makes me the record label lists record at lower quantities to attract more buyers? There's no way there's only 100 made and they're still not sold out.

Wow, that is really surprising.

Maybe cuz of how many times it's been pressed??

I'm glad I got one though, it looks fantastic.