PO: Cult Of Luna - Salvation 08/04 & Somewhere Along The Highway 11/03

I am so pissed, I just received my order and they completely forgot to put in the White Salvation vinyl.......... I ordered the 4 color versions and only 3 were included. and there was no packing slip. Now i am going to have to try to convince them that they made a mistake, god dammit.

Got mine yesterday, spinning Salvation now!!!

Glad I went for the standard black. Very little static electricity out of the sleeve, and the sound on this is fucking HUGE, I tell you!

What a fantastic pressing. This is incredible.

i got the white in the mail! they said they messed up and sent it seperately! The pressing is absolutely amazing, the white is flawless. If teh black is good also then this pressing is great.

unfortunately i do not, i purchased the green and red and white and gold, but only received all accept the white, then today the white arrived by itself. If i had another I would have hooked you up.

Oh cool, no worries, sounded like they sent you the wrong color and didn't want the other back. i just misread it. Thanks though!

So.... finally getting to spin my black SATH and I regret not going for clear on this. This black pressing is fucking awful.

Full of pops and clicks, and there is a lot of distortion in my right channel. I'm hoping once I take it to my record store to have their VPI clean it there will be some improvement, but there is a constant fuzz coming out of the right channel as the record goes around in a certain spot. Grrrrrrrrr.

There was no static electricity from the sleeve as I took it out, and the record really wasn't dirty.

Could this be my needle? It's fairly new, but also not something I'm experiencing on other records either.

So.... finally getting to spin my black SATH and I regret not going for clear on this. This black pressing is fucking awful.

Full of pops and clicks, and there is a lot of distortion in my right channel. I'm hoping once I take it to my record store to have their VPI clean it there will be some improvement, but there is a constant fuzz coming out of the right channel as the record goes around in a certain spot. Grrrrrrrrr.

There was no static electricity from the sleeve as I took it out, and the record really wasn't dirty.

Could this be my needle? It's fairly new, but also not something I'm experiencing on other records either.

I have listened to both gold and green and they are both perfect pressings no distortion or pops in mine. Crystal clear and just like my salvation presses

I just got it and honestly, as far as I'm happy with finally having 'Salvaiton' on my shelf, ultra limited "Spot Varnish Sleeve variant" is huge disappointment for me. It differs from standard version by micro varnish, which is hardly noticeable. And it cost like 30% more. Almost 40 euro for pretty standard gatefold release. It just estabilished (after Sleep and Morbid Angel) quitting 'buy-most-limited' variant game for me in case of Earache. So many better labels not milking fans this way.

I just got it and honestly, as far as I'm happy with finally having 'Salvaiton' on my shelf, ultra limited "Spot Varnish Sleeve variant" is huge disappointment for me. It differs from standard version by micro varnish, which is hardly noticeable. And it cost like 30% more. Almost 40 euro for pretty standard gatefold release. It just estabilished (after Sleep and Morbid Angel) quitting 'buy-most-limited' variant game for me in case of Earache. So many better labels not milking fans this way.

This! I am super underwhelmed how regular the "deluxe" sleeve turned out. I love Salvation but hate Earache doing this.

Got my black Salvation and SATH today. Haven't played them yet, but the liner notes are nice, and the photos in SATH are great.

Question regarding Earache reissues: They don't contain download codes, right? At least mine didn't. I mean I already have the albums on iTunes, but for someone who doesn't have them yet - isn't it standard these days to include a download code or something like that?

Now waiting for my two Mariner vinyl copies (blue and green) and the Vertikal I+II RSD special edition...

Question regarding Earache reissues: They don't contain download codes, right? At least mine didn't. I mean I already have the albums on iTunes, but for someone who doesn't have them yet - isn't it standard these days to include a download code or something like that?

It's very common, but I wouldn't say it's a standard.

Should i be pissed about my corner dings on both jackets for this price? Nothing major but noticeable. I have been lucky to this point but not sure if it is even worth it.

Nah, you shouldn't be pissed about some dings, especially when you're importing records from overseas. I've bought most of Data-Discs releases (based out of England) and most of them had dinged corners or edges despite the records being properly packaged.