PO: David Bowie reissues

gmoney

Perfect timing, but I'm guessing these have been planned for a little while since they are releasing next month.

Also I don't know a ton about these yet. Will post when I have more info. I do know they are all 180 gram.

Amazon links:

Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust (2012 Remaster) - Feb. 26

Man Who Sold The World (2015 Remaster) - Feb. 26

And such unknown with quality. I have been wanting a quality copy of Ziggy for a LONG time and don't want to pay for a MOFI version. Hopefully this one will sound awesome.

I found a copy a few years ago for $12 and i thought that was a bit much at the time for an album i had never heard before (just the singles) There doesn't seem to be any issues with the pressing, it seems decent. Were there quality issues with pressings of that album?

I found a copy a few years ago for $12 and i thought that was a bit much at the time for an album i had never heard before (just the singles) There doesn't seem to be any issues with the pressing, it seems decent. Were there quality issues with pressings of that album?

I don't think so - but I have heard that the MOFI is the 'ultimate' pressing. So that means there are 'less ultimate' ones? I don't really know.

I don't think so - but I have heard that the MOFI is the 'ultimate' pressing. So that means there are 'less ultimate' ones? I don't really know.

I don't have anything to compare mine too, not even a cd copy.

I did just have a quick look on discogs... fuckers with copies of this have put them up to ridiculous prices. Mine is a Canadian first press.

If the Ziggy Stardust is the same master as this release, http://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-The-Rise-And-Fall-Of-Ziggy-Stardust-And-The-Spiders-From-Mars/release/3642251, it will be good. That is supposed to be the best version of it. The hi-res files from it sound really good.

I think it will be. Good find.

Yes, Bull Moose confirmed these are just the individual releases of the albums in the box set.

I think the general consensus on Steve Hoffman was that these are digital releases and they sound nice but originals sound better. (except for Ziggy, which was apparently cut from the original tapes)

Go to any record fair in Canada and you'll find his early albums always start at $40.... and those are shitty copies.

Not to mention the fact that Canadian pressings are almost always inferior in quality to British pressings, usually inferior to American pressings as well. There are some sellers that sell only high quality UK pressings but they usually cost $50+ when I'm sure they were picked up for 2 pounds in the UK.

I have been going to record fairs since I was 15, and part of the problem is that in the last 3 years, prices have been escalating like mad. The $1 bins are now the $5 bins and still filled with crap. But I definitely found some decent Bowie over the years for very little money, though not the more scarce ones.

Not to mention the fact that Canadian pressings are almost always inferior in quality to British pressings, usually inferior to American pressings as well. There are some sellers that sell only high quality UK pressings but they usually cost $50+ when I'm sure they were picked up for 2 pounds in the UK.

I have been going to record fairs since I was 15, and part of the problem is that in the last 3 years, prices have been escalating like mad. The $1 bins are now the $5 bins and still filled with crap. But I definitely found some decent Bowie over the years for very little money, though not the more scarce ones.

Discogs and Ebay are the worst