Deoxitizer

The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Okay, can someone explain to me what I am missing here? Vinyl Me, Please had a limited to 300 pressing of the new IDLES record. Since it's my favorite album of the year so far, I was bummed that it was only for members available since I cannot afford a subscription as of now. However, a couple of days later it was made available for the public (at least that is what I assumed) since I was able to checkout without having a subscription or account at the website. As I am from the US but currently studying in the UK, I was even more surprised that they did not even charge me for shipping (even though I clearly state shipping to the UK). My credit card just got charged for the actual record and not shipping. On the order confirmation it said that it will be included with my October/November delivery - however, as I said before, I am not part of the club and after a quick chat with the support of Vinyl Me, Please they said that I am still not signed up to any subscription - I thought they kinda "tricked" me into a subscription with this purchase. Can someone enlighten me what has just happened here? Will I really get this record for only the amount the record costs? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, kill_taker said:

Okay, can someone explain to me what I am missing here? Vinyl Me, Please had a limited to 300 pressing of the new IDLES record. Since it's my favorite album of the year so far, I was bummed that it was only for members available since I cannot afford a subscription as of now. However, a couple of days later it was made available for the public (at least that is what I assumed) since I was able to checkout without having a subscription or account at the website. As I am from the US but currently studying in the UK, I was even more surprised that they did not even charge me for shipping (even though I clearly state shipping to the UK). My credit card just got charged for the actual record and not shipping. On the order confirmation it said that it will be included with my October/November delivery - however, as I said before, I am not part of the club and after a quick chat with the support of Vinyl Me, Please they said that I am still not signed up to any subscription - I thought they kinda "tricked" me into a subscription with this purchase. Can someone enlighten me what has just happened here? Will I really get this record for only the amount the record costs? Thanks.

Some exclusives are available to everyone and they stopped international shipping charges a couple of months ago (not sure if it's only temporary). 

The "October/November delivery" message is probably just a generic message that everyone gets.

2 hours ago, Skacel said:

Some exclusives are available to everyone and they stopped international shipping charges a couple of months ago (not sure if it's only temporary). 

The "October/November delivery" message is probably just a generic message that everyone gets.

Ah okay thanks that makes sense even though they probably don't make any profits with said record then since shipping alone is more or less the price for the record.

I had that exact same concern last month, and got this response: 

Hey there,
Sorry for the confusion! That is just the automated email that gets sent to all the folks who shop our store. But let me confirm that you are not signed up for a subscription, and will not be charged outside of that store order :)

Can confirm since then I received my order (in the UK with free shipping) without a problem :)

Edited by _James_

28 minutes ago, _James_ said:

I had that exact same concern last month, and got this response: 

Hey there,
Sorry for the confusion! That is just the automated email that gets sent to all the folks who shop our store. But let me confirm that you are not signed up for a subscription, and will not be charged outside of that store order :)

Can confirm since then I received my order (in the UK with free shipping) without a problem :)

Ah thanks, great to hear! 

Just now, kramer73 said:

I'd like to get that new member's exclusive Colter Wall album, but I don't want to join and get an album I don't want.  Do they ever sell these to the public, or do they always stay as member's only?  Maybe I'm missing something with the membership.

It's supposed to be 30 days and then it's available to the public, but lately it seems a case by case basis.  When they do go on sale to the public you have to pay shipping (I believe it's $6 in the US).

Just now, kramer73 said:

gotcha, thanks!

Actually, if I'm seeing it correctly, it looks like the Phosophorescent and Petite Noir that went on sale last week are already open to the public (you can try and add to your cart to test my theory).  So I'd keep and eye on Colter Wall.  They just redesigned the store so I'm getting used to it but Colter Wall has an icon that says Member's Only and Phosphorescent does not.  

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Actually, if I'm seeing it correctly, it looks like the Phosophorescent and Petite Noir that went on sale last week are already open to the public (you can try and add to your cart to test my theory).  So I'd keep and eye on Colter Wall.  They just redesigned the store so I'm getting used to it but Colter Wall has an icon that says Member's Only and Phosphorescent does not.  

yep, that worked.  I'll just have to be patient.  Thank you!

Just now, YouTwo said:

They didn't really give much warning this month.  I got swapped in time and got Blitzen Trapper instead.  Then added Rap and Hip Hop and swapped that for Ra Ra Riot.  

Glad to know it wasn’t just me going crazy, I feel like I barely had any time to do it. Oh well, I guess.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:27 PM, YouTwo said:

turns out it's available now!  Thanks!