The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

2 questions.

Can someone send me that link for $10 off if I sign up?

Also, will the $10 off coupon be applied to my first member purchase? 

I want to get the Nina Simone December Album of the Month release, but I really don't think it's worth $27. To me,  $17 seems much more reasonable for a reissue.

Thanks y'all!

Edited by zdkaiser
Typo

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

2 questions.

Can someone send me that link for $10 off if I sign up?

Also, will the $10 off coupon be applied to my first member purchase? 

I want to get the Nina Simone December Album of the Month release, but I really don't think it's worth $27. To me,  $17 seems much more reasonable for a reissue.

Thanks y'all!

I'm sure with this post being an hour old you got a code.  But yes  you can.  Just sign up for a month to month plan and when your account charges on December 2  it will take the $10 off and you will only be charged $17.  Now if you buy something from the store before that the $10 will come off that and you will be charged $27 on December 2.  

FYI There is also going to be a Nina Simone exclusive for A Very Rare Evening available in the store starting on Monday for members only on purple vinyl.

PM Me your email if you still need a code.  

Edited by YouTwo

I'm curious about how the referral code works when jumping in and out of monthly subscriptions. I was on 3-month subscription but switched to crate a month ago (wasn't feeling that The Books album). I'm quite keen on that Nina Simone ROTM, but I wonder if it's possible for me to get a new referral code even though I've recently been a full member?

Also, when going from crate to full membership do you contact VMP and ask them for assistance or do you just sign up through their web page? Last time I did so VMP had to manually clean up the mess I made in my account...

If you think I'm eligible for the $10 code, I'd be happy to get a link from someone! :)

8 hours ago, gerrysonford said:

I'm curious about how the referral code works when jumping in and out of monthly subscriptions. I was on 3-month subscription but switched to crate a month ago (wasn't feeling that The Books album). I'm quite keen on that Nina Simone ROTM, but I wonder if it's possible for me to get a new referral code even though I've recently been a full member?

Also, when going from crate to full membership do you contact VMP and ask them for assistance or do you just sign up through their web page? Last time I did so VMP had to manually clean up the mess I made in my account...

If you think I'm eligible for the $10 code, I'd be happy to get a link from someone! :)

I'm also curious about this. How does VMP stop someone from just doing monthly subscriptions, canceling, getting new referral codes and signing up again?

2 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I'm also curious about this. How does VMP stop someone from just doing monthly subscriptions, canceling, getting new referral codes and signing up again?

I think once you cancel you still have an account and if you sign up again you just re-activate your old account.  

6 hours ago, alllexm said:

One of next months exclusives is Ricky Eat Acid.  Does anyone know if you can pick which member exclusive you want? Sorry new to this. Also can someone also send me a $10 off link also?

Everyone receives the AOTM (Nina Simone), and you can purchase none, one ,or all the member store exclusives when the store opens, which is usually around the middle of the month. Remember that Albums of the Month are different than the member exclusives, which are limited and optional for members to purchase. 

For December, the store opens on the 19th at 12PM EST. So log in after that time and you can order Ricky!

Edited by Canuckle

16 hours ago, Canuckle said:

You can also wait until the Nina's are sent out and hope that the January AOTM is more up your alley; and STILL get access to the DEC store. 

Assuming Ricky Eat Acid is still availabe that is.  There's also a 30 day window where anyone can buy exclusives 30 days after they're released if they're still availabe without being a member.  But obviously you can't use a credit for that.

2 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Assuming Ricky Eat Acid is still availabe that is.  There's also a 30 day window where anyone can buy exclusives 30 days after they're released if they're still availabe without being a member.  But obviously you can't use a credit for that.

Dec store opens on the 19th. I assume if you sign up for AOTM around then, you will be getting the January album and not Nina, no? That way you can get first dibs on the Dec store and get the Jan AOTM. 

5 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Dec store opens on the 19th. I assume if you sign up for AOTM around then, you will be getting the January album and not Nina, no? That way you can get first dibs on the Dec store and get the Jan AOTM. 

Honestly I'm not sure what the cut off is.  I think its announcement day which is usually after the store open.

So they have a Young Thug exclusive going up Monday...anyone know what time?  Also, I saw an ad on Facebook for a cyber Monday discount code, but it didnt say what the discount was...does anyone know?  Is there a way to find these things out without digging through pages of threads on their forum?  I feel like they're pretty terrible with communication.

13 hours ago, hammertime said:

So they have a Young Thug exclusive going up Monday...anyone know what time?  Also, I saw an ad on Facebook for a cyber Monday discount code, but it didnt say what the discount was...does anyone know?  Is there a way to find these things out without digging through pages of threads on their forum?  I feel like they're pretty terrible with communication.

I can't remember where I saw it but I thought it was 6AM Mountain Time.  If I see that ad again I'll confirm.

Edit: On Twitter it said Young Thug will be on sale at 8AM EST.  On the VMP forum they said the code is 10% off.

Edited by YouTwo

On 11/26/2016 at 8:23 AM, YouTwo said:

so i don't need to make a membership? i can just wait for the store to open and check out ? I am now also interested in the Devendra Banhart currently in the store. would be cool to get both during same transaction.

10 minutes ago, alllexm said:

so i don't need to make a membership? i can just wait for the store to open and check out ? I am now also interested in the Devendra Banhart currently in the store. would be cool to get both during same transaction.

If you're not a member, you have to wait 30 days after VMP exclusives are released to be able to purchase. Since the Banhart exclusive was released a couple months ago you can buy it now, but you'll have to wait until 1/19 to buy the Ricky Eat Acid exclusive if you don't buy a membership. If you buy a membership on or before 12/19 (when the REA exclusive is released) you'll be able to buy it on 12/19 when it's released.  

33 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

If you're not a member, you have to wait 30 days after VMP exclusives are released to be able to purchase. Since the Banhart exclusive was released a couple months ago you can buy it now, but you'll have to wait until 1/19 to buy the Ricky Eat Acid exclusive if you don't buy a membership. If you buy a membership on or before 12/19 (when the REA exclusive is released) you'll be able to buy it on 12/19 when it's released.  

This. And just an FYI, Ricky Eat Acid is limited to 500.  So I could see it going either way if it will be available after the Members Only window.  

19 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I have a feeling REA will stick around for awhile, as most exclusives these days tend to (outside of the super amped up releases or extremely limited ones).

But with an influx of gift memberships to happen over the holidays, who knows. 

True.  I suppose REA is no Stranger Things OTS.  They also put a 1 per member limit on exclusives so that should help it stick around for a while.

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

True.  I suppose REA is no Stranger Things OTS.  They also put a 1 per member limit on exclusives so that should help it stick around for a while.

It's also no Yes Lawd which received universal acclaim general member hype, but is still around... yet a Nina Simone live album that has other repressings this year sold out in 12 hours. So who knows? It's a fickle membership. :)