RIP Prince (2016 is officially the worst)

When i heard the news yesterday I broke down in tears. The only musicians deaths to do that were Stevie Ray and Michael Jackson. it took me 10 minutes to pull myself together before work. All i could do is blame how i looked on allergies. The man was a musical genius and when performing, made things look so effortless. A single bend of a string had more emotion than most band's discographies.  His Super Bowl will go down as one of the greatest Super Bowl halftime shows in history. He did it live, he did it in rain, and didn't skip a  beat. He proved not even bad weather could stop his performance.

Having grew up on him all throughout my life, I couldn't imagine him not being on this earth. I'm just so glad i was blessed  to have lived in the era of Prince. Even in heels and makeup, he was still more man than most. He will be revered always and loved by millions. A great musician/songwriter/poet/humanitarian etc.etc. A true musical genius and great person. 

May he rest in peace. And may the angels (proverbial) serenade him with song as good as if he wrote it himself. Godspeed.

RIP Prince

One of the best shows I ever saw was prince 3 years ago at the ogden in denver. It was part of the 2 shows a night deal. 15 feet from him was so worth 300 bucks.

He opened with let's go crazy and than played for 2 hours of what he wanted with no other hits. He shredded on that guitar

Sign o times is my fav album

Side 2 of purple rain is the best 20 mins of music written in the 80s

Side 2 of purple rain is the best 20 mins of music written in the 80s

I've always said it's an album that's flawless front to back. Wall to wall hits. S/T has always been a personal favorite, along with Chaos & Disorder.

I was lucky enough to see him back in 2004 during the Musicology tour. Been a fan as far back as I can remember, most people thought it was ironically I'm sure but it was anything but. This is the first musician death that's really hit me and it took about a day to sink in. I was listening to his music at work on Friday and caught myself tearing up. 

I was a fan of all his singles and the Purple Rain LP. I don't know a lot of his deep cuts. I was bummed when I heard the news because my wife is a huge fan and it would have been nice to go see him with her.

I think I am reaching the age where a whole bunch of people that I listened too or watched on T.V. when I was a kid are going to start dying and that's a shame.