Preoccupations (fka. Viet Cong) - S/T

43 minutes ago, fitterhappier said:

Really excited for this. I'm still annoyed that I slept on Viet Cong s/t

I'd PO this if SD offered a better shipping rate. I might just stick w/ black if I can find it cheap

37 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Oh crap I saw your post but was so excited I punched in my credit card info and hit enter without looking at shipping charges. $12.99!! Oh well. :mellow:

The bundle is like $27ppd from Flemish Eye (CAN) to the US. They request people in the US order from Jagjaguwar though so I'm not sure if they'd cancel orders. Their Viet Kong album is still available on clear there, too, I think.

http://shop.flemisheye.com/products/032-preoccupations

Edited by lethalenforcer

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

The bundle is like $27ppd from Flemish Eye (CAN) to the US. They request people in the US order from Jagjaguwar though so I'm not sure if they'd cancel orders. Their Viet Kong album is still available on clear there, too, I think.

http://shop.flemisheye.com/products/032-preoccupations

Interesting. They're asking less for the bundle than Jagjaguwar ($17), but shipping is actually more expensive ($16.65). In the end I would save $5 through Flemish Eye - I won't bother trying to cancel. Can't believe both are this expensive. 

21 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Woah, really digging that single.  Reminds me of TRST.  Definitely getting that Deluxe.

Don't think I've heard of TRST before. Checking out some samples on Amazon and I like what I hear. I can hear how you would say the new Preoccupations track reminds you of them, but on the whole the bands are going in different directions. I will check this out though. I'm a bit iffy on some of the vocals and the more straight-up EBM parts, but I'll still give it a shot.

Edited by jeromium

4 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Don't think I've heard of TRST before. Checking out some samples on Amazon and I like what I hear. I can hear how you would say the new Preoccupations track reminds you of them, but on the whole the bands are going in different directions. I will check this out though. I'm a bit iffy on some of the vocals and the more straight-up EBM parts, but I'll still give it a shot.

Yeah they are going in different directions, but it just kind of made me think of TRST.  TRST is more electronic, but the vocals sound very similar.  TRST is more Crystal Castles than anything.    It's that kind of drone/dark vibe.  I really dig both and wouldn't mind if "fka Viet Cong" got a little darker.  I think "Continental Shelf" was one of the best tracks of 2015.  

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Album slays

Great to hear.  I can't bring myself to blast that 154 kbps though.

Haven't been home and able to dig around online since yesterday afternoon, where I spotted the initial leak.

Looks like it's officially out there in all its glory.  A month and a half early, no less.

Edited by Derek™
Updated snooping.