Pokemon Go

53 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I'm trying to register using the pokemon club instead of google and it's just not letting me... the site is repeatedly under construction.

Anyone have any luck registering via that route?

Nope. Same issues for me. Gave up and sticking with google.

In other news, just caught my 29th zubat of the day. Not an exaggeration.

1 hour ago, rooks said:

Nope. Same issues for me. Gave up and sticking with google.

In other news, just caught my 29th zubat of the day. Not an exaggeration.

I ended up logging in via google...
Even then it took a couple of tries with the accepting of terms and conditions.
No Pokemon in my house... looks like I may have to go for a walk.

Servers have been down for me all day. Finally hatched an egg early this morning before they went down (poliwag). meh.

i need some rare pokemangs!

went for a quick walk at work in search of a cubone that popped up, missed it, but grabbed a clefairy! (One of my personal favorites :) )

Edit again... Ended up being a very "productive" day at work today. I chose charmander as my starter (duh), but ended up catching a squirtle, and an ivysaur today! I feel like a kid again in the best way possible.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Soooo... What's everyone's favorite mang that they have poke-d so far?

Lotsa cool bug poke in mississippi wooded areas. CP314 Pinsir, CP264 Scyther, CP168 Pideotto, meowths, evees, tangelas, horseas, staryus, poliwags, and a buncha other ones. I've been tethered to my home wifi today though.

14 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

Lotsa cool bug poke in mississippi wooded areas. CP314 Pinsir, CP264 Scyther, CP168 Pideotto, meowths, evees, tangelas, horseas, staryus, poliwags, and a buncha other ones. I've been tethered to my home wifi today though.

Damn! Highest I've caught so far is CP 143 or something. You guys are killing it!

10 minutes ago, thedillon said:

I have a 380 golbat.... not the best pokemon to be working up the CP on but it was the first I evolved so I guess I gave it a little extra love. Plus I must have caught 40 zubats

It'll be cool whenever the impliment crobat though. 

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Damn! Highest I've caught so far is CP 143 or something. You guys are killing it!

Wasted so many pokeballs to get the scyther tbh 

11 minutes ago, rooks said:

Yah, catching basically nothing but zubats and doduos over and over has its benefits. I've evolved so many dotrios and golbats for the 500xp i'm already level 10 and stuff just scales with your level. So in the rare times when I see something new, it's usually semi decent haha.

Ah, didn't realize it scaled!

12 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

I wish rarity was visible. I found one abra at my house but can't find any more and I really wanna 'kazam. If I see one more rattata......

To piggy back on this, I wish you could see which direction the mangs were from you. I don't mind walking to one...but if I see a "rare" dude pop up, I want to run out and grab it on a quick break!

11 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

I wish rarity was visible. I found one abra at my house but can't find any more and I really wanna 'kazam. If I see one more rattata......

There is definitely some regional stuff mixed with rare randomness.

My apartment frequents doduo, krabby, staryu, pidgey. But I have seen 1 venasaur, 1 cubone, 1 hitmonchan shadow.

At work, I see tons of zubats, rattata, spearow. And I've seen 1 machoke, 1 weezing.

At my girlfriends work she caught a ton of magnemite and voltorb, which I've never even seen but she was catching them all day.

From my experiences so far it looks like 3 to 5 Commons in a general area with 3 to 4 uncommon, and then some Rares come up here and there, possibly randomly.

5 minutes ago, chkadea said:

I'm kind of blown away that there is a 736 vaporean at the gym in town, and just at the fact that people are so into it even here

Damn, for real. I've only seen a couple Evees even pop up, and only got near/caught one. Leveling that much would be impossible for me.

I went to a show at a venue/botanical garden tonight and there were Pokestops EVERYWHERE. It seemed like every sign identifying a plant in the garden was a stop. I stocked up on Pokeballs/eggs like crazy while wandering the gardens after the opening band. haha. There were a few other people wandering around with their phones out too. You can always pick out the people that are playing. 

42 minutes ago, rooks said:

From my experiences so far it looks like 3 to 5 Commons in a general area with 3 to 4 uncommon, and then some Rares come up here and there, possibly randomly.

This seems really accurate. In the radius of my apartment, my two most common are rattata and pidgey. Also lotsa caterpie and weedle. The more uncommon poke seems to be evee (found about six of them so far) and the rare poke seem to be the pinsir and scyther i found. Haven't been able to leave my area yet because my phone got cut off after the first night of release and I've been stuck with my apartment wifi.