Pokemon Go

Is anyone else noticing parks being very lacking of everything? I went to several and I only found maybe 2 pokespots on each and very little pokemon actually in the park, the biggest park I went to today only had 3 pokespots and I caught only 3 Pokémon. A lot of Pokémon showed up, but they all seemed to be in the neighborhoods surrounding the park instead of actually being in the park itself.

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

Is anyone else noticing parks being very lacking of everything? I went to several and I only found maybe 2 pokespots on each and very little pokemon actually in the park, the biggest park I went to today only had 3 pokespots and I caught only 3 Pokémon. A lot of Pokémon showed up, but they all seemed to be in the neighborhoods surrounding the park instead of actually being in the park itself.

Around where I live a lot of the pokespots seem to be distinguishable landmarks, historic sites, or various religious sites such as churches and temples. There are some parks around me that are consistently populated with pokemon and have around 10 pokespots within a 100 feet or so area, and there are some other areas that don't seem to have much. You might just have a dud area there.

I went to my local college which is in a small town. There was a small group of people there. Two stops right next to each other, both with lures. Caught some good stuff from that and levels a bit.

Level 8 now. 

168 Beedrill. L

80 Ghastly. 

282 Kinglar. 

212 Oddish. 

176 Pidgeotto. L

138 Koffing 

I got a majority of those just walking a few blocks from my buddy's place to the grocery store. Ran into my ex who I haven't seen in five years and she says "did you get the Pikachu that was outside?". Haha. This game is crazy... not unlike her OOOOOOOOOOO. 

But yeah, it's pretty cool that this game makes the outside world melt away, yet ironically gets you to go out in it. I just wish the pedometer was more accurate. I walked a couple miles last night cause I was bored at 2 am, and it registered maybe half of it. Oh well. 

6 hours ago, WAXXX said:

went for a bike ride yesterday and saw 7 dudes by themselves in their cars on their phones in a church parking lot catching pokemon.

Gym thievin' tho

~**~top 6 poke at the moment~**~
"shishio" | Flareon | cp 1,119 
"uzumaki" | Poliwrath | cp 789
"s w a r m" | Scyther | cp 756
"w a v e" | Vaporeon | cp 704
"j e n n y" | Golbat | cp 693
"v i v i" | Venemoth | cp676 

Tomorrow or the next day I should be able to evolve a good bit of poke and the list will be a lot different tho

3 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

Gym thievin' tho

~**~top 6 poke at the moment~**~
"shishio" | Flareon | cp 1,119 
"uzumaki" | Poliwrath | cp 789
"s w a r m" | Scyther | cp 756
"w a v e" | Vaporeon | cp 704
"j e n n y" | Golbat | cp 693
"v i v i" | Venemoth | cp676 

Tomorrow or the next day I should be able to evolve a good bit of poke and the list will be a lot different tho

Nice! Flareon is the only eevee evolution I don't have yet! Don't know if I'll get my evening walk in tomorrow which is a bummer because that's how I've gotten most of my decent to good ones. (And my two cubones tonight, which I was stoked on!)

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

I'm just shooting for jolteon soon still--I have a 482 evee I'm grinding candies for so hopefully that will evolve into jolteon. And that's so cool about cubone, I too found my first two ever tonight while stopping by the beach after work. Maybe they were spawning more often today all around?? So many water pokemon spawning at the beach with the hundreds of people playing setting off constant lures though. Found my first dratini but it's cp is too low to ever use. Still really exciting 

Tonight was pretty successful, I caught a bunch of pokemon I've never gotten, the highlight was when my party was leaving and a Charmeleon appeared and three cars in front to us stopped in the road to catch it. Of course we stopped too and now I'm the proud owner of a Charmeleon. Other excellent finds were a Clefairy, a Bellsprout which seems to be really rare around me, a Dugtrio, a Kabutos, an Abra, a Vulpix, and a Krabby. Also evolved a bunch of pokemon and now I have a Rhydon, Jolteon, Marowak, Arcanine, Dotrio, and a Primape.

Currently at 69 caught at level 15. Top Pokémon are:

Arcanine: 875

Rhydon: 865

Jolteon: 830

Marowak: 695

Pinsir: 650

Edited by Reshiram454

7 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Tonight was pretty successful, I caught a bunch of pokemon I've never gotten, the highlight was when my party was leaving and a Charmeleon appeared and three cars in front to us stopped in the road to catch it. Of course we stopped too and now I'm the proud owner of a Charmeleon. Other excellent finds were a Clefairy, a Bellsprout which seems to be really rare around me, a Dugtrio, a Kabutos, an Abra, a Vulpix, and a Krabby. Also evolved a bunch of pokemon and now I have a Rhydon, Jolteon, Marowak, Arcanine, Dotrio, and a Primavera.

Can't wait to evolve my cubone! Dude's gonna be a solidly leveled marowak.

8 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Other excellent finds were a Clefairy, a Bellsprout which seems to be really rare around me, a Dugtrio, a Kabutos, an Abra, a Vulpix, and a Krabby. Also evolved a bunch of pokemon and now I have a Rhydon, Jolteon, Marowak, Arcanine, Dotrio, and a Primavera.

I'm still pretty green on how this thing works but this looks like gibberish... but hey thats why i'm here to have fun and learn. Have you seen my slippers? 

Also Level 15?!?! Damn. 

2 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

I'm still pretty green on how this thing works but this looks like gibberish... but hey thats why i'm here to have fun and learn. Have you seen my slippers? 

Also Level 15?!?! Damn. 

Haha, yeah I've been playing since Day 1. A tip for leveling up is to save a bunch of Pokémon that you can evolve and when you have 5 or more ready use a lucky egg. This'll get you a lot of experience, I'd recommend doing it when you're out in a popular area catching Pokémon, so you get bonuses for your caught Pokémon as well.

Went to a bar downtown last night. There were 3 bars next to each other and in between 4 poke stops. All of them had lure modules in and there were legitimately like 40-50 people outside on the street catching pokemon.

Used a lucky egg, sat inside eating/drinking and went up like 3 levels.

9 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Tonight was pretty successful, I caught a bunch of pokemon I've never gotten, the highlight was when my party was leaving and a Charmeleon appeared and three cars in front to us stopped in the road to catch it. Of course we stopped too and now I'm the proud owner of a Charmeleon. Other excellent finds were a Clefairy, a Bellsprout which seems to be really rare around me, a Dugtrio, a Kabutos, an Abra, a Vulpix, and a Krabby. Also evolved a bunch of pokemon and now I have a Rhydon, Jolteon, Marowak, Arcanine, Dotrio, and a Primape.

So jealous of that Arcanine

2 hours ago, dkrtz said:

I can't believe pokemon has reached the same mania that it was it in the late 90s. This is the coolest thing. Gotta hit up the post office today so I'll probably go downtown for a walk too. Currently level 17 with a pokedex of 73 captured and 74 seen.

You missed one?! Pff. Amateur. ;)