Pokemon Go

22 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I got a Squirtle from a 2km egg ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All I've been getting lately are Weedles. Dammit, Rambo!

(congrats though, super jealous. I need so many candies to evolve mine, it'd be nice to get one in an egg.)

In other news I have all the Eeveelutions now thanks to a tip from Matt on how to ensure you get the one you want!

Right now I've got an 1100something Exegcutor on a gym. Surprised he's lasted as long as he has. Someone must have come in behind me and thrown something else badass on there.

Also, caught a ton of Clefairy today, got my first dugtrio and first rhyhorn too :)

Sometime I'm gonna have to go downtown and really get going. Apparently there's a designated bulbasaur spawn at the zoo here. Gonna have to check that out sometime.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Man I had such a great night. I caught a fair amount of new stuff like Dratinis, Bulbasaurs, Onix, Slowbros, got 150 candies from Magicarp, caught enough Psyducks to get a Golduck, evovled a Jolteon and Vaporeon, Gloom, Machoke, and some others. I'm ready to evolve for a Haunter which I'm pretty stoked on. Too bad I couldn't find the Ponyta or that third Dratini. I got another Abra which is awesome. Just need one more to evolve. I feel like Alakazam is gonna be a long grind. 

There were at least a hundred people here tonight for hours. I walked along the canal and river and caught lots of water types which is scare near me. So I took advantage. I'm so close to 20.

WT48QN8.jpg

^On my way home the other night (it was late, about 2am) I saw a friggin' Alakazam at the pokestop down my block, I ran back to catch it after I parked but the app froze and when once it reloaded he was gone. Didn't even register in my pokedex.

This game has wigged out and burned me a handful of times (didn't get any bonuses from my last level up, lost a connection and couldn't reload while using a lure I paid for, etc.) but I can't stop playing this dang thing.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

^On my way home the other night (it was late, about 2am) I saw a friggin' Alakazam at the pokestop down my block, I ran back to catch it after I parked but the app froze and when once it reloaded he was gone. Didn't even register in my pokedex.

This game has wigged out and burned me a handful of times (didn't get any bonuses from my last level up, lost a connection and couldn't reload while using a lure I paid for, etc.) but I can't stop playing this dang thing.

I feel your pain. I'm still bummed over missing that Cubone from the app freezing. Even with the bumps in the road, I'm right there with you, I can't stop playing it. Considering it's free, I'll make some minor complaints, but it in no way dampens my view of the game. I'm having so much fun exploring. I walked / ran 48k this week alone. I ran 12k last night just to hatch all my eggs. Haha. Getting lots of exercise. Hopefully our patience pays off and we get those Alakazams! 

It's crazy how people are talking about getting there first Cubones, Ponytas, and Rydons, but my area is literally full of them. There's also pokemon here though I'm sure you guys have a lot that I've never seen, like I've never seen a Gastly, Drowsee, Oddish, or Grimer, and I've barely seen Bellsprout, Koffing, and Abra. I really hope that when trading happens, they also add a friends list, so I can add some of you and give you guys my spear Arboks, Rydons, and Marowaks.

i'm getting a ton of eevees where i'm at, so have a nice roster of vaporeons, jolteons, and flareons. however, not seeing near as many cool ones as you guys are posting. i learned that there is a trick to get eevee to turn into what you want. before you evolve it, change the name and you can control the evolution. sparky = jolteon, rainer = vaporeon, pyro = flareon.

8 hours ago, jacobraccuia said:

gyms in new york city are so crazy.  people are constantly overthrowing the leader just to get beat again.  I walked past a gym and beat it and put my dragonite there, and I heard someone go, damn there's a dragonite at this gym now! and it was really cool :D:D

aww im so jealous! dragonite has been my fave pokemon since i was a kid lol

40 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

i'm getting a ton of eevees where i'm at, so have a nice roster of vaporeons, jolteons, and flareons. however, not seeing near as many cool ones as you guys are posting. i learned that there is a trick to get eevee to turn into what you want. before you evolve it, change the name and you can control the evolution. sparky = jolteon, rainer = vaporeon, pyro = flareon.

is this true??

10 minutes ago, futures said:

aww im so jealous! dragonite has been my fave pokemon since i was a kid lol

is this true??

I've heard of it as well and tried it first hand and it worked but I named eevee volteon and it evolved to jolteon, so I wonder if you just name it anything similar to the evolved name you desire and that works.

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I lucked out and evolved 3 Eevees and got all 3 different evolutions.

An Alakazam spawned near my apartment today but I didn't have time to track it down.

lucky! you guys are so smart about this haha. i know literally nothing. what does it mean when it spawns?

3 minutes ago, texan4life said:

I've heard of it as well and tried it first hand and it worked but I named eevee volteon and it evolved to jolteon, so I wonder if you just name it anything similar to the evolved name you desire and that works.

whaaaat thats crazy... i have 5 eevees right now so i'll have to try it.