PO: Death - The Sound of Perseverance

GOTCHA

Update: 

"Hello Dominic

We do apologize that the incorrect vinyl was shipped to you.  Unfortunately at this time, we are out of stock in the vinyl you purchased

Do you wish to keep the item you received as is, or have a return label sent to you to return for a refund?

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused "

normally I wouldn't get entitled over something like this but I doubt I wasn't one of the first 300 orders. If I got a different variant that's fine, but a pic disc is objectively worse than some other color by sound quality. I mean, if they intended to send me the /300, where did all the actual copies go? 

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

normally I wouldn't get entitled over something like this but I doubt I wasn't one of the first 300 orders. If I got a different variant that's fine, but a pic disc is objectively worse than some other color by sound quality. I mean, if they intended to send me the /300, where did all the actual copies go? 

Some poor bastard on some other board is probably complaining that he got stupid splatter instead of a sweet picture disc.

11 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Update: 

"Hello Dominic

We do apologize that the incorrect vinyl was shipped to you.  Unfortunately at this time, we are out of stock in the vinyl you purchased

Do you wish to keep the item you received as is, or have a return label sent to you to return for a refund?

How are they out of stock? I ordered the /300 as well but they haven't shipped it yet.

41 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Still haven't heard back yet

Im gonna be pissed if that's all they offer me though. I was on this preorder so fast. 

Prepare to be pissed.  It sucks, but when Relapse makes a mistake like that and the variant you bought is sold out, you're SOL.  Obviously, it doesn't make sense b/c they should have the extras they didn't ship, but the few times its happened to me over the years, I've received the same answer / results.

36 minutes ago, museummouth said:

So they're sending me the right one and return label for the pic disc! 

I did contact them through email instead of the site contact form though. 

Nice!!!  That sucks that the other guy in this thread got dicked, though.  Glad it worked out for someone.  I've never had that luck with them, but fortunately (knock on wood) I've had limited problems with Relapse over the 15+ years I've been ordering with them.

I was definitely sweating bullets when I opened the box last night, but was relieved to see the box and the /500.  Both are extremely nice pressings.  It makes me kick myself for not ordering the boxes on Leprosy and Spiritual Healing.

3 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I tried contacting them through the email instead of the form this time, but I don't think I should necessarily get my hopes up

I hate to say it, but try giving them a call. The one time I had an issue, I solved it in 5 minutes over the phone. Weird, but relatively painless.

2 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

I ordered this on its own and have yet to get shipping confirmation.  Still well ahead of release date so I'm not sweating it yet.

2 hours ago, burkyburk said:

same

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

Yeah, that's what I thought, I just think it's weird people are already getting them.

Okay, good to hear. I pre-ordered within 5 minutes of seeing the link and will be really tweaked if I get picture discs :/

I used the email instead of the form and just got the same reply as before word for word. I'm gonna have to call I guess.

Edit: I hit voicemail when I called...it just isn't my week, is it? Left my info at their voicemail's request, hopefully they can get back to me.

Edited by DOMAN127