Jump to content
Gumbo72203

Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kyte30351 said:

Unfortunately I still need ALL the Oceansize vinyl and Feed to Feed. Does anyone here know if the Feed to Feed DVDs are region coded? That's been my big hang up, other than price.

I think they are, but I'm not 100%.  I know the recent Vennart DVD is but any computer can rip it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyte30351 said:

Unfortunately I still need ALL the Oceansize vinyl and Feed to Feed. Does anyone here know if the Feed to Feed DVDs are region coded? That's been my big hang up, other than price.

I don't specifically recall the region coding, but I do know that it's PAL encoded, as opposed to NTSC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 12:58 AM, mcpherson123 said:

I remember ordering Feed To Feed. In case it helps, I'm in America and it would not play in my domestic Sony DVD player. I was so pissed when I tried it. It did play just fine in my CD-ROM drive however. 

I bought some super-cheap, generic, dvd player from BestBuy specifically for Feed To Feed. Can't remember the brand name, but I don't think I paid more than $50 for it. I junked it once I got an OPPO BDP-83.

 

I haven't watched Feed To Feed in years, but I seem to recall that the 5.1 track on one of the discs was seriously messed up, and the surround content on the other discs was... not very good. I found the stereo tracks to be more full, punchy, and dynamic. Overall, a great release, and a must-have if you're a fan. Pretty neat having pretty much every song they had ever recorded (up to that point) in a single live video set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an OG pressing of Everyone Into Position that I'd take offers on, if anyone is interested? Only thing you should know is that I bought it through Amazon seven years ago, before they had any idea how to package vinyl, so as a result the sleeve has some definite bumps. The vinyl itself hasn't been played much. I also might trade it for a copy of Saturday Morning Breakfast Show, which would then pretty much complete my 'size collection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, danyc said:

I have an OG pressing of Everyone Into Position that I'd take offers on, if anyone is interested? Only thing you should know is that I bought it through Amazon seven years ago, before they had any idea how to package vinyl, so as a result the sleeve has some definite bumps. The vinyl itself hasn't been played much. I also might trade it for a copy of Saturday Morning Breakfast Show, which would then pretty much complete my 'size collection. 

That SMBS is an elusive one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Good catch! The "Buy" button led to a dead end as of yesterday, must've just gone active this AM.

I'm wondering if the entire press is colored or if they're going to do a similar thing with Frames (different label I know) and do the first bit colored and the rest black?  There's no indication of that, but I'm just guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaredisburning said:

I got my order in!!!  So excited for this!  The description says that it is going to be colored vinyl.  Has anyone seen a mock up or picture of the colors yet anywhere online?

Nada. Since they just posted it today I'm guessing an announcement with more details is coming shortly...

Just now, highfives said:

or if they're going to do a similar thing with Frames (different label I know) and do the first bit colored and the rest black? 

That was my first thought, first run on color and then another on black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×