Jump to content
ckraus333

Hopeless Records "Twenty Five And Hopeless"

Recommended Posts

I saw a post on Instagram for a new orange pressing of Yellowcard's Southern Air with a Twenty Five and Hopeless" sticker on it. Smartpunk is also getting an exclusive Twenty Five and Hopeless pressing of All Time Low's So Wrong, It's Right. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't seen an official announcement yet.

 

Surprise drop celebrating 25 years of @hopelessrecords, our very own #smartpunkexclusive of our favorite @alltimelow LP “So Wrong, It’s Right”. Tricolor variant is strictly limited to 300!‬
https://smartpunkshop.com/…/all-time-low-so-wrong-it-s-righ…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

I saw a post on Instagram for a new orange pressing of Yellowcard's Southern Air with a Twenty Five and Hopeless" sticker on it. Smartpunk is also getting an exclusive Twenty Five and Hopeless pressing of All Time Low's So Wrong, It's Right. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't seen an official announcement yet.

 

Surprise drop celebrating 25 years of @hopelessrecords, our very own #smartpunkexclusive of our favorite @alltimelow LP “So Wrong, It’s Right”. Tricolor variant is strictly limited to 300!‬
https://smartpunkshop.com/…/all-time-low-so-wrong-it-s-righ…

Oooooo man. This is gonna hit the bank account HARD bcuz ya know, nostalgia. Southern Air was Yellowcards last great album (considering this was Longineu's last record on drums). Looking forward to what other classics they select for this. 

 

Also - why in the crap would they not do Ocean Avenue and Lights & Sounds????

Edited by ethanpricington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 10:28 PM, mmhmm said:

Ocean Avenue and Lights were available for sooooooo flippin long, if you don't have a copy you were severely incapacitated for 5 years.

Not sure when they went OOP but i didn't start collecting vinyl until late 2014. Didn't discover VC until 2015 and didn't buy much online until around that time either. Never saw either at any of the stores I frequented. That said, yea its totally on me for missing out on them. 

 

Just hoping for some type of anniversary edition of some kind at some point soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Not sure when they went OOP but i didn't start collecting vinyl until late 2014. Didn't discover VC until 2015 and didn't buy much online until around that time either. Never saw either at any of the stores I frequented. That said, yea its totally on me for missing out on them. 

 

Just hoping for some type of anniversary edition of some kind at some point soon. 

I understand- and I do hope they repress.  Solid records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what I have found so far. I like how Hopeless is giving different retailers their own exclusives.

Digger - Powerbait | Orange (300)

88 Fingers Louie - Behind Bars | Translucent Blue

88 Fingers Louie - Behind Bars | Transparent Blue/Clear/Transparent Purple Tri-Striped (444) (Interpunk exclusive)
88 Fingers Louie - Back On The Streets | Translucent Red

Mustard Plug - Evildoers Beware! | Ketchup/Mayonnaise/Mustard  Tri-Color (300) (Smartpunk exclusive)

Mustard Plug - Evildoers Beware! | Coke Bottle Clear w/ Opaque Red, Orange, Yellow Splatter (333) (Interpunk exclusive)

Mustard Plug - Evildoers Beware! | Opaque Red (300)

Yellowcard - Southern Air | Orange (500) (VYNL exclusive)

Neck Deep - Life's Not Out to Get You | Highlighter Yellow (VYNL exclusive)

Thrice - Illusion of Safety | Black (VYNL exclusive)
All Time Low - So Wrong, It's Right | Blue/Green/Yellow Tri-Color (300) (Smartpunk exclusive)

Edited by ckraus333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, ckraus333 said:

Here is what I have found so far. I like how Hopeless is giving different retailers their own exclusives.

Digger - Powerbait | Orange (300)

88 Fingers Louie - Behind Bars | Translucent Blue

88 Fingers Louie - Behind Bars | Transparent Blue/Clear/Transparent Purple Tri-Striped (444) (Interpunk exclusive)
88 Fingers Louie - Back On The Streets | Translucent Red

Mustard Plug - Evildoers Beware! | Ketchup/Mayonnaise/Mustard  Tri-Color (300) (Smartpunk exclusive)

Mustard Plug - Evildoers Beware! | Coke Bottle Clear w/ Opaque Red, Orange, Yellow Splatter (333) (Interpunk exclusive)

Mustard Plug - Evildoers Beware! | Opaque Red (300)

Yellowcard - Southern Air | Orange
All Time Low - So Wrong, It's Right | Blue/Green/Yellow Tri-Color (300) (Smartpunk exclusive)

After a little confusion while surfing around on Twitter and Instagram, I got the VNYL subscription services' attention, and they claim that the Orange pressing of Yellowcard's "Southern Air" is exclusive to them. You can read their reply to mine and anothers conversation on Twitter regarding it via the below link. Pretty big bummer in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/getvnyl/status/1085635163394985984

 

Edited by Claw1400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claw1400 said:

After a little confusion while surfing around on Twitter and Instagram, I got the VNYL subscription services' attention, and they claim that the Orange pressing of Yellowcard's "Southern Air" is exclusive to them. You can read their reply to mine and anothers conversation on Twitter regarding it via the below link. Pretty big bummer in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/getvnyl/status/1085635163394985984

Ya, they sent out an email this morning talking about how if you pick a certain vibe it includes 3 Hopeless exclusives which are a yellow highlighter Neck Deep LNOTGY, Orange Yellowcard Southern Air, and Black Thrice IOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just purchased the #StillEmo vibe from VNYL, just to get the Yellowcard Southern Air variant. Thrice Illusion of Safety being in there is a pretty good bonus for me, but I've never been much of a Neck Deep fan. If anyone is itching to get the Neck Deep Life's Not Out To Get You variant, but doesn't want to/not able to subscribe to VNYL (even though it does look like you can close your account whenever, just have to give them a call) shoot me a message and I'm sure we can work something out. Definitely will just collect dust on my shelf.  If I don't message you back right away, just give it some time - I'm not as active on here as I once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claw1400 said:

After a little confusion while surfing around on Twitter and Instagram, I got the VNYL subscription services' attention, and they claim that the Orange pressing of Yellowcard's "Southern Air" is exclusive to them. You can read their reply to mine and anothers conversation on Twitter regarding it via the below link. Pretty big bummer in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/getvnyl/status/1085635163394985984

Additionally, VNYL says that the Southern Air variant is limited to /500
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 11:28 PM, mmhmm said:

Ocean Avenue and Lights were available for sooooooo flippin long, if you don't have a copy you were severely incapacitated for 5 years.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Ocean Avenue only has three variants, and one of them (Clear Blue) you had to buy a five LP collection released when they first joined Hopeless. The other (Black) was probably around a bit longer, but I still knew people who had a ridiculously hard time trying to track it down. The Hot Topic repress from 2014 (Clear Gold) still gets listed for $200+ on Discogs/eBay and has an average price of over $100 on Discogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, zacooper said:

Ya, they sent out an email this morning talking about how if you pick a certain vibe it includes 3 Hopeless exclusives which are a yellow highlighter Neck Deep LNOTGY, Orange Yellowcard Southern Air, and Black Thrice IOS

Any chance you could post a copy of the email? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Claw1400 said:

I don't know if I'd go that far. Ocean Avenue only has three variants, and one of them (Clear Blue) you had to buy a five LP collection released when they first joined Hopeless. The other (Black) was probably around a bit longer, but I still knew people who had a ridiculously hard time trying to track it down. The Hot Topic repress from 2014 (Clear Gold) still gets listed for $200+ on Discogs/eBay and has an average price of over $100 on Discogs.

Nah, it was available on Amazon/eBay for years...so long that it almost seemed like they'd pressed too many.  So when it finally sold out, I was kind of surprised.  I know because I kept an eye on it for a long time..too long actually haha.  I never bought one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

Any chance you could post a copy of the email? Thanks.

59928cb0-2fd2-4384-9a1c-45a5d47eac52.jpg
f2055556-f2f9-4dcb-b901-35a4fd4ed735.png
Choose
#STILLEMO
and get these 3 albums on vinyl
 
Join
Listen

This month, VNYL is bringing you a brand new #vibe to help you bring out your inner angst. When you select #stillemo, you’ll get not one, but three (yes, three!) amazing emo records for your listening pleasure.

Welsh pop-punkers Neck Deep bring us the high-energy, emotionally-charged Life’s Not Out to Get You. If this record doesn’t make you wanna mosh, nothing will. The tracks are catchy yet full of heart. Standouts include “Kali Ma” and “Can’t Kick Up the Roots.” Next up, pop-punk legends Yellowcard with their 7th studio LP Southern Air. It’s mature yet has a pop sensibility that makes it oh so much fun. The best tracks here are “Always Summer” and “Telescope.” Finally, we’re throwing it way back with Thrice’s 2002 sophomore effort The Illusion of Safety. One of the most important and influential emo records to date, this classic is a must-have for your collection. Check out “Deadbolt” and “A Living Dance Upon Dead Minds.”

With these three awesome records, there’s a little something here for everyone. Select #stillemo and get your mosh on.
-KHLOE

f2a75cd7-cfa3-4ef6-ba5d-42ec117c2a81.jpg
 

New Arrivals in RCRDSTR

Billie Eilish - Don't Smile at Me (Red)
Billie Eilish - Don't Smile at Me (Red)
$22.97
Listen + Snag your copy
Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Black)
Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Black)
$25.97
Listen + Snag your copy
Alex Lilly - 2% Milk (Exclusive Blue)
Alex Lilly - 2% Milk (Exclusive Blue)
$22.97
Listen + Snag your copy
Matt & Kim - Grand (Black)
Matt & Kim - Grand (Black)
$22.97
Listen + Snag your copy
Panic! At The Disco - Pray for the Wicked (Black)
Panic! At The Disco - Pray for the Wicked (Black)
$23.99
Listen + Snag your copy
VNYL Gift Membership HALF OFF!
VNYL Gift Membership HALF OFF!
Gift yourself for only $19 (Reg. $39.99)
Get Deal

 

How It Works

 
94a54ad5-fb0b-4198-b31c-f7bb529b6000.png
Choose your vibe
Pick from curated themes

 
58bce3de-516b-4f20-841d-4be02b6d4174.png
Choose #stillemo to get 
all 3 of these records

 
f9ce58f2-99bc-40b9-9624-4a8c297cf491.png
Our curators pick your other vinyl
based on your music profile & Spotify

 
e75e1562-28bd-45dd-baf6-acd3df753134.png3e6989b7-aa69-4c62-ac9c-60a64c4c2b5a.png
 
 
 
 
 
 





 
This email was sent to [email protected]
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
VNYL · 315 E Franklin Ave · El Segundo, CA 90245 · USA
 

open.php?u=32ddc102f7f6a44cae2f7fea9&id=5a708366b5&e=1afebac382

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the vnyl bullshit to see what it was all about. They were running a special; pay one

month, get two. So I tried it out. 

 

Only got got one month, when I canceled it, it still renewed and I never got that one. Fuck that company. 

 

Also that #vibe garbage...this was the equivalent of my 15 year old cousin trying to reccomend music to me based on my taste.

 

On a a relevant note, am excited about this.

Edited by isavedlatin54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×