The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

For those that have seen it and can chat so we don't ruin the fun for those who haven't yet! I dunno who else has had a chance to see it yet, but might as well start this puppy off.

I was lucky enough to see the special preview screening of The Dark Knight in IMAX and holy shit was it intense. Considerably darker than any of the previous Batmovies. Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker is pretty chilling to say the least, it definitely leaves an impact far more different than Nicholson's. And shit is Two-Face ugly! Definitely looking forward to seeing this again on Thursday.

My only gripe was Christian Bale's Bat-growl got a little tiring during the longer dialogue sequences.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

officially, this movie was amazing

they took the best crime drama script they could think up, and set it in gotham

fucking GENIUS

and heath ledger...i feel fucked in the head knowing how great of an actor he was/was gonna be and we'll never get to see anything else from him..it fuckin sucks

his mannerisms leaving the hospital in the nurses outfit...i was speechless, soo awesome

rant over so i can spend the next 2 hrs disecting the amazingness of this movie in my head :)

my head just exploded.

that surpassed all my expectations.

i was so convinced that it was gonna suck, then randomly this morning decided to see the midnight showing.

heath ledger was absolutely amazing. i literally wanted to cry at the end knowing his life ended because he was THAT good of an actor.

I thought Ledger was fantastic, but I think he's sadly overshawdowing how steller Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman were.

People keep throwing "nomination" around Ledger, I think these guys were the standouts.

I was disapointed in the end a bit, the fall kills Harvey, but the vehicle flip earlier didn't, just seems disjointed.

I'd like to thank Nolan personally for doing Two-Face justice, he's been my favorite villian since I was 5 or 6 years old and started reading comics.

Bale's voice bothered me as well. Seemed robotic and forced at times.

Saw it again for the second time, still very awesome. One of my favourite bits would be The Joker's "magic" trick with the disappearing pencil, heh.

For me, you really forget it's Ledger portraying a character. You just see him and see The Joker, he just chills you down to the bone, so amazing.

Shittiest Dark Knight experience right here....

Movie started at 12, at about 1:45, the lights dim back on, and at 2:00, the screen goes back to lame ads. People boo, yell, are fucking pissed. Then at 2:10, the movie comes back on, but 10 minutes ahead, so we've completely missed the part where two face becomes two face. So people were fucking furious, leaving the theater, yelling at the manager, etc.

Long story short, the ~300 people in the theater all got 2+ free movie passes, and for those of us who didn't leave after a half hour or so (~20 of us), we ended up getting to go into another theater and finish the movie where it originally left off. (Which the manager repeatedly lied to us and said they couldn't do.)

Movie passes are nice, but I stood in line for 3 hours, and then sat through 2 hours of movie, I didn't want to come back and watch it all again, I just wanted to finish the fucking movie.

Needless to say, the movie fucking ruled.

^ That sucks dude.

I still can't get over The Joker. His attitude ("Do I look like a man with a plan?") to his actions were amazing. I loved how he explained his scars a few times, tailoring the story to who he was talking to. The confusion when he was leaving the hospital and it didn't go flawlessly, the look of confusion after the line "...and here... we... go." I even liked his posture. It's weird.