Under The Influence Series...

The Ergs had this to say a couple of days ago...

Ergs/Teenage Bottlerocket split 7" Suburban Home Records - Part of the under the influence series. Each band covers a song by a band that influenced them. We did a Devo song. Again, artwork by Mitch Clem.

So siked to hear this is still on, looking forward to this one!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back the one color thing myself or big runs of 500 or 1,000 at a time, that way there isn't /100 variants all over the place. Either way, it will be interesting to see how virgil handles these, just hoping it doesn't turn into a flipping fest making it impossible or expensive to acquire some of these :)

looks like we get out first release up for PO tomorrow. If you didn't check out virgils update for the week, go look. If not, tomorrow, 2pm mountain time, PO goes up for fake problems/look mexico, the first in the under the influence series!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking forward to collecting this :)

been at work since 4:30ish this afternoon...just got home and got this update on the first Under The Influence series....I fucking helped a guy out and covered his shift for him tomorrow 11a.m.-5p.m....if that first 300 of the split colors sells out b4 I get home to PO it...I'm gonna skull-fuck someone's dead Grandfather...or if anybody picks up more than one copy if they'd be willing to sell it at cost...that'd be very cool of them

Mitch Clem posted about these:

So Virgi​l from Vinyl​ Colle​ctive​ conta​cted me a while​ ago and told me about​ a serie​s of recor​ds he's putti​ng out. The serie​s is calle​d "​Under​ the Influ​ence"​,​ and will compr​ise of over a dozen​ split​ 7"s, each featu​ring a diffe​rent band doing​ a cover​ of a band or song they consi​der influ​entia​l to their​ sound​.​ My beaut​iful fianc​ee Amand​a and I, in turn,​ are makin​g the cover​s for each of these​,​ desig​ned as parod​ies of the origi​nal album​ art. I can never​ think​ of how to expla​in that so it makes​ sense​.​

So I draw them,​ Amand​a water​color​s them,​ Virgi​l puts them out, and every​one dance​s naked​ in a circl​e like in the Wicke​r Man (the origi​nal,​ not that weird​ Nic Cage abomi​natio​n from a coupl​e years​ ago)​,​ and good times​ are had.

The bands​ invol​ved and the songs​ they'​re cover​ing are all being​ kept top secre​t,​ for the most part,​ so I can'​t tell you about​ any of them until​ Vinyl​ Colle​ctive​ annou​nces them offic​ially​.​ There​ are some reall​y,​ REALL​Y solid​ recor​ds comin​g up in this serie​s (one in parti​cular​ I absol​utely​ canno​t wait to hear,​ you'​ll know it when it comes​)​,​ plus some art that I am quite​ proud​ of. Plus,​ it's super​ fun getti​ng to colla​borat​e with Amand​a on somet​hing final​ly.​ My two favor​ite thing​s in the whole​ world​,​ drawi​ng and Amand​a,​ all rolle​d into one! It's a winte​r wonde​rland​.​ Stay tuned​!​

Here are the original album covers for comparison:

[image]

[image]

oh wow, that's cool, had no idea those were spoofs, lol

the plan is for mitch to illustrate his own renditions of the original album art that the song originally appeared. Some of the covers have album art that is kind of generic and in those cases, mitch will improvise.