New goal: Don't be a fatty.

I'm not like obese or anything, despite what most body mass index things say, but I'm over weight and generally feel bad about how I look. I'm getting married next June and I want to look great for my future wife. So I'm doing the whole diet and exercise thing, not eating fast food anymore, only drinking soda once a week, and cutting out fried food totally.

I'm hoping to drop like thirty pounds. I'm sure at least one person on this board has done something like this before. Anyone got any tips?

I can run and bike, but are there any other physical activities that you can do alone that'll work? Any good veggie recipes? Etc.

The hardest part of this is going to be eating three times a day. I'm sure I'll lose ten pounds when I stop eating at weird fucking hours when the only thing available is crap.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on that same kick as well. Here's what I have been doing:

- Stopped drinking all soda. Haven't had a drop in 2 weeks now.

- I have been doing cardio by running and bike at the gym.

- Trying to eat three meals a day. I try not to gorge myself esp. during lunch.

- I haven't had any fast food for well over 4 years now so I'm OK in that area.

- Drink a lot of water throughout the day.

There's much more that I can do but this is a start. I've already dropped about five pounds and feel better.

The hardest part though is curbing my beer intake. I know that if I stopped drinking it for some time, I'd drop even more weight. "But it tastes so good when it touches your lips!"

My wife bought a cook book that is all stuff that takes less than 5 ingredients, takes less than 30 minutes and is healthy. Shit's the bomb!

I can't really say too much. When I lost all my weight (40 pounds at one point), I was insanely unhealthy. I pretty much lived on chicken and took diet pills. I'm in better condition now but I don't really know how to tell anyone to get in shape. Doing something is the main thing. Getting up, going to the gym, just keeping at it.

I go to two classes at my gym. I'm the only dude in both but they're hard as shit. It's light weights (the girls use 5lbs, I do 12lbs) but it's fast and high reps. It kills. So look into a class, most Bally's or YMCA's have em.

Also, vomiting is totally a good idea!

another easy thing is to start walking places. For example I take the 30-40 minutes bus into downtown seattle. I then need to take a 10-15 minute bus ride to work. If I take the bus I have to go to that stop and wait about 10 minutes before it shows up. I started to walk from downtown to work which is about a 1 1/2 miles and it takes the same amount of time if I were to wait for the other bus.

Don´t do it this way:

I just lost about 7 or 8 kilos (~ 14 pounds) over the course of the last 3 weeks cause I had to lower my BMI for an medical exam.

I basicly ran two times a day (about 10 km a day) and almost ate nothing during the last days cept for a banana one day or a cup of soup the other day.

Last week I was close to collapsing, really feeling weak and not well anymore.

I stopped that immediatly but I´m still not feeling right again.

So don´t do it that way, you´re just ruining your health. Maybe consult a doctor, he should have tips for you

another easy thing is to start walking places. For example I take the 30-40 minutes bus into downtown seattle. I then need to take a 10-15 minute bus ride to work. If I take the bus I have to go to that stop and wait about 10 minutes before it shows up. I started to walk from downtown to work which is about a 1 1/2 miles and it takes the same amount of time if I were to wait for the other bus.

I would love to. But we have awful public transport, so walking to the bus doesn't work. Everything is far away.

I would love to. But we have awful public transport, so walking to the bus doesn't work. Everything is far away.

take your little lady on a romantic walk disguised as a picknic but take a long winding walk to wherever you are going to eat and just pack something healthy. Plus you'll probably get laid so that's some excercise there.

i lost 50 lbs a while back. i weighed 210 and i now weigh like 160.

i am a vegetarian and that helped. what helped most was NOT DRINKING ANY SODA. when i was a fatty i drank a lot of soda. then i stopped and noticed weight loss immediately. i do eat kind of shitty and i dont work out so i should work on those.

the best part of losing lots of weight = so much loose skin. i feel like my skin is made out of rubber. i can stretch that shit so much

My girlfriend recently had an intervention, since May I've lost 3 stone and have gone from being a porker to apparenly under weight. I wasn't trying I just never felt hungry. They all thought I was annorexic.

Anyway, eat one bowl of cereals a day, drink only orange dilute and chew gum. I lost 10 pounds in one week just last week.

eat regular meals - don't let yourself go hungry at any point during the day.

eat well balanced meals, with as many varieties of foods as you can (this will at least make it interesting... somewhat).

drink TONS of water.

ride a bike/run as much as you can. make yourself sweat every single day.

don't drink pop. don't eat fast food.

try to sleep on a regular schedule, and make sure you get enough each night.

honestly - it will change your life.

don't do what all these guys are saying like "only eat one bowl of soup a day". As soon as you start eating properly your body will make up for lost time and start storing more of what you eat instead of burning it up. Just do cardio, build up muscle as more muscle mass means more calories burned per day as muscle burns calories even when you're not working out. Cut out carbs, increase vegetables/fruit intake, drink a couple of litres of water per day. You'll easily lose weight doing this.