New goal: Don't be a fatty.

Guest conoley

I used to weigh 210 and I weight about 178 now. This is going to sound lame, but I followed the weight watchers points system to help me learn about what I was putting into my body. It's not a diet, it just helps you follow a healthy amount of calories and rewards exercise. Once I understood it generally, I stopped following it and just ate well.

I run 5-10 km 4 days a week and do weights 4 days a week to boost my metabolism. Doing them in the morning helps for obvious reasons.

Of course, you may not want to do WW. Don't drink soda. I have one diet soda every day, they're fine in moderation. Put milk in your coffee, not cream. Get baked chips and eat them in moderation. Get light popcorn. All that shit adds up.

Even if you don't want to do WW, google their recipes and you'll get good ones.

Lots of fiber.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of high school I was kind of up there at like 190, and once I graduated I just sort of stopped eating so much and dropped to about 145 and was there until last summer when my anxiety started and I stopped moving around so much. I'm back up around 180 now and trying to lose all that weight again but it is hard. I've cut out pop/soda and am trying to quit fried foods.

About a month before I got married I did this and lost 15-20 lbs:

I ate 5 times a day... 3 meals and 2 snacks. I generally ate eggs/spinach/mushrooms w/ salsa for breakfast (and coffee or water); grilled chicken/fish w/ veggies and salad for lunch; and whatever for dinner (didn't gorge myself, but I wasn't as careful as breakfast/lunch). My snacks were usually an apple & tuna or a banana and some almonds or shit like that. And I drank an ass-load of water. Cut out soda, beer (mostly), etc.

Didn't exercise at all -- I'm sure if I did it would have sped shit up significantly.

Basically, just eat healthy and eat every 3 hours or so. And don't eat after 8 or 9 PM. That'll get your metabolism going without having to go on any crazy fad diets or whatever.

i weighed about 220.....i was partying everynight drinking beer and eating rallys or white castle at 2 in the morning. i stopped eating fast food and stopped drinking regular soda, and slowed down on the beer and lost 65 pound. i usually eat smaller meals about 5 times a day. my job is pretty labor intensive so that helps out on the physical part. also dont eat to late.

good luck dude......

About a month before I got married I did this and lost 15-20 lbs:

I ate 5 times a day... 3 meals and 2 snacks. I generally ate eggs/spinach/mushrooms w/ salsa for breakfast (and coffee or water); grilled chicken/fish w/ veggies and salad for lunch; and whatever for dinner (didn't gorge myself, but I wasn't as careful as breakfast/lunch). My snacks were usually an apple & tuna or a banana and some almonds or shit like that. And I drank an ass-load of water. Cut out soda, beer (mostly), etc.

Didn't exercise at all -- I'm sure if I did it would have sped shit up significantly.

Basically, just eat healthy and eat every 3 hours or so. And don't eat after 8 or 9 PM. That'll get your metabolism going without having to go on any crazy fad diets or whatever.

what the fuck are you my twin or something. damn i though i was reading my post but with better english

I've dropped from 200 lbs to my current weight of 183 in the past two months.

I don't drink soda besides diet, so that really wasn't an issue. I have cut down on fast food. If I do eat out it's usually subway or submarina. Something other that burgers or mexican food. I drink water pretty much all day. I only drink beer on the weekends now, and I jog between 2 - 4 miles at least 4 times a week.

Of course I stray from this occasionally. I still love taco shops, so I'll go on occasion. The main thing is that I keep up my jogging 4 times a week. If I skip a week it's hard for me to get back on track.

We're also doing a "Biggest Loser" thing at my work. So that provides me with a little extra incentive.

i got really sick about a month and a half ago. i didn't eat any shitty food or have any soda for about 3 weeks. since then i've kept it up and i've dropped about 25 pounds.

I run 5-10 km 4 days a week and do weights 4 days a week to boost my metabolism. Doing them in the morning helps for obvious reasons.

ive always wondered if it was better to run in the morning, or to go at night to burn off the food eaten that day...?

Choose whatever time of day suits you better, as long as you're consistent.

loki, I've been on the same kick as the others as far as losing weight.. I have lost 7 pounds in a 1 1/2 and i don't feel bad at all. Well my legs are still kinda sore the next day from running, but other than that it's been swell. Here's what i've been doing.

1. Stopped drinking sodas.

2. Started eating light foods (nothing from the fast food places) and eating a sensible meal 3 times a day, and none after 8pm

3. Been running every other day. Usually about a mile and a half.

4. Drinking lots and lots of water.

Haven't hoticed anything except my weight has been dropping. I'm trying to lose about 5 pounds a week for 2 weeks.. then 3 for the next 3 weeks.. after that, my work out regiment starts.. I quit smoking almost 2 months ago too, so that helps as well.

Diet soda is okay in moderation, some even believe the caffeine will help with weight loss. But drinking a lot I would believe would make you retain water if you're not drinking enough water. That's just a guess though.

I drink a lot of Coke Zero. I have one or two before work and then after work I use it for a few Jack and Cokes but all night at work I drink water so who knows?

I lost probably 20 pounds when I switched over to diet. Still need to lose more weight definitely need to exercise.

Guest scriptedrain

Now that I've had time to actually read what everyone has to say, I have to put my 2 cents in. I've lost about 30 pounds the last year. It's not as much as some of you guys, but it was a huge step / feeling for me. The following were factors for me:

1. Changing where I worked. I was around (free) food and (free) soda all day.

2. Bringing water to work. This actually helped me feel better, health wise, and - surprisingly - made it easier to not crave soda.

3. Cutting soda out of my life. The main thing - as obvious as this sounds - is not making it available. This means not buying it to have some in the fridge "for other people" or going to places where I associate it (for example, my vice has been Subway... we have coupons for Buy 1, Get 1s when you buy a soda, so it's "necessary" and justified to me).

4. Eating smaller portions. It amazes me how much it takes to fill me now as opposed to a year or 2 ago. Start (gradually) eating less and less. If you fill the bowl of cereal now, fill it 3/4 full. Do this for each meal. It really adds up.

5. Lessening snack quantity available. Instead of stocking up on cookies and ice cream, buy a box of crackers and granola bars. Instead of grabbing a whole bag of chips when you go to watch TV, put a handful in a bowl.

5. Not drinking so much alcohol. As awesome as it was to get drunk on a consistent basis, there was A LOT of calories involved. It blew me away when I looked into it. It's obviously also a good general health decision.

6. Not eating fast food. Sure, I'll cave and go to Burger King or Taco Bell here and there. I was going at least a few times a week at one point. Now I might go once every other week. Also pick "healthier" decisions on the menu and - again - eat less. Instead of grabbing a triple stacker and a large fries / soda, get chicken, small fries, and water.

7. Made exercise a priority. This has been the hardest for me. It's been extremely helpful to have Jess with me. Find a buddy to go with you, whether it be for a walk around the neighborhood or to a gym.

8. Most importantly, realized it's a slow process and I have to keep with it. You're not going to lose 20 pounds the first week and be set for life. The important thing is to start feeling better about what you're doing to improve. The pounds will go when you do the right things, it's as simple as that, but don't be discouraged if they're not going away as fast as you'd like.

A couple of things I've picked up from this thread that I'd like to start implementing: Not eating late at night and, on a similar note, eating a bigger lunch / smaller supper, so I'm burning off calories throughout the day rather than sleeping on them.