MLB Discussion

home field advantage teams are really getting fucked in this new format. The A's play two games in a span of twelve hours, in a place two time zones over, and have home field advantage? How does that even make sense?

I don't really get it. They play without "travel days" during the regular season. They could play the entire playoffs without them (maybe keep them for the World Series). And then they could still do a 2 - 2 - 1 series.

These start times are killing me. For a team with the second best record in all of baseball, the Reds have totally gotten the shaft. How does the home field advantage work when you have start times of 5:37, 4:07 and 1:07 on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday? I understand it's all tv ratings, but you would think a game 5 would be prime time over a game 4.

Tonights game was lots of fun, Bailey was killing it. Old man Rolen needs to hang it up.

fuck yankee stadium.

Ibanez in Yankee Stadium this year: .273/.349/.545, 14 HR.

Away (in 10 more AB): .208/.269/.365, 5 HR.

Short porch makes old players better than they actually are.

I'd really like to see Detroit make it through to the next round, but what a story would it be if it were Oakland and Baltimore in AL finals.

this has got to be one of the best post seasons ever on record so far... everything going to game 5, walk off's extra innings... whew.

thats exactly what i was saying last night. unfortunately, i havent watched much of it.

Its not yankee stadium, its Raul himself. He has always been a very very streaky player. Remember two years ago when he was crushing the ball in the first half and then hit like 8 homers after the break? He is just heating up at the right time of the year.

Yeah plus, independent of stadium, players tend to perform better at home.

Short porch makes a difference too, but not the only factor.