MLB Discussion

That's nice of him and all, but I have an irrational hatred for Swisher. Everything... his arrogant appearance, his smirks, his terrible style off the field, his giant lip of tobacco even tho I don't mind people dipping, his name. I have no idea why I hate him so much, but I do.

Thats funny, I use to think the exact same thing. I dunno what it was about him but I just didnt like him at all. He doesnt bother me so much anymore.

That's nice of him and all, but I have an irrational hatred for Swisher. Everything... his arrogant appearance, his smirks, his terrible style off the field, his giant lip of tobacco even tho I don't mind people dipping, his name. I have no idea why I hate him so much, but I do.

I HATE SWISHER. I HATE HIM SO MUCH.

and my hatred is completely parallel to yours. it really makes no sense beyond him just rubbing me the absolute wrong way.

the only thing i can't stand about Swisher is how many times he goes all out to make a diving or sliding catch in the outfield and botches it, when the better option would be to just play the ball in front of you to prevent extra bases. it's like he doesnt weigh the risk at all and just wants to show off sometimes.

also, whenever he dives or slides and doesnt come up with the ball, he always does a somersault. even when he has no momentum to carry him head over heels he manages to do it. it's like he secretly wants to be a gymnast.

huge story about the Blue Jays stealing signs last season and that it continues this season too. kind of similar to what the Rangers were accused of a few years ago. that the Blue Jays had someone sitting in the outfield seats wearing a white shirt relaying signs to the hitters for a fastball, a breaking ball or an offspeed pitch by different arm gestures.

an unnamed visiting team's bullpen first spotted the guy wearing a white shirt and raised concerns that their signs were getting stolen and relayed in by various corresponding arm gestures. later the team got some proof by spotting the guy while they were hitting. he was clearly visible and the batter didn't even have to move his head or look away from the pitcher. there was a direct line of sight from the batters box, past the pitcher to their plant in the outfield seats. other teams later confirmed it as well.

the story also points out the Blue Jays' % of HR's hit at home vs. away is actually triple and the highest % for any team in their home park. saying that those %'s are more than just they're familiar with their home park or a home field advantage, it's a direct correlation to the sign stealing and their hitters knowing what pitch is coming.

some teams and players felt Bautista was the biggest beneficiary of the sign stealing and it's why he had a breakout season last year. so Bautista's out of nowhere 54 home run season is most likely tainted, but not by juicing like many people suspected. apparently multiple teams have filed complaints with MLB and the Blue Jays are holding a press conference about it, obviously to deny everything, later today.

Was that 2 games in a row for Mo?

Also fuck Texas, those guys never lose!

I find myself thinking this all the time...except for the Angels. EVERY time the Rangers win, the Angels win. EVERY time the Angels lose, the Rangers lose. We can never gain any games on y'all. I'm sick of it!! :)

Seriously, for the last few weeks their record must be almost exactly the same. Its pissing me off! haha

I find myself thinking this all the time...except for the Angels. EVERY time the Rangers win, the Angels win. EVERY time the Angels lose, the Rangers lose. We can never gain any games on y'all. I'm sick of it!! :)

Seriously, for the last few weeks their record must be almost exactly the same. Its pissing me off! haha

Last year Yanks and Rays were tied for like 10 days or something which was the longest ever for 2 playoff contenders in august.

what drives me the most nuts with the yanks is their bipolar offense... they generally lead the league in runs scored.. but its like this... oh we lose 2 games 3-2, 2-1, and then stomp the shit out of the next team 13-1..... what other team can score 16 over 3 games and go 1-2? ugh

I was expecting the Yankees to pound the Angels last nite. That kid that started for the Angels had never pitched above AA ball before last nite and then they throw him out for his first start in Yankee Stadium. Not sure that was a very good idea. The Yankees did exactly what they were suppose to do against someone like that. They bumped Pinero to the pen and then he came in and gave up more runs haha.

At least Texas lost too haha.

the Yankees definitely got to that kid early beause he had nerves. he did settle down a bit after the first inning. to me it seemed like he was just throwing too hard, trying to blow everything past one of the best lineups in the league.

i'm really surprised the Angels opted to call up a kid from Double-A to make his big league debut at Yankee Stadium of all places. i know he started becauase Weaver is suspended, but do the Angels really lack that much depth in pitching prospects Travis?

the Yankees definitely got to that kid early beause he had nerves. he did settle down a bit after the first inning. to me it seemed like he was just throwing too hard, trying to blow everything past one of the best lineups in the league.

i'm really surprised the Angels opted to call up a kid from Double-A to make his big league debut at Yankee Stadium of all places. i know he started becauase Weaver is suspended, but do the Angels really lack that much depth in pitching prospects Travis?

Well they called him up to replace Pinero who they moved to the pen. Pinero has been absolutely terrible lately and they wanted to try something new. Yea I dunno why they wouldnt get someone from AAA. This kid obviously wasnt ready for the big leagues yet, even before this start. I dont think they have much pitching in the minors. They've got some good players down there but I cant think of any big pitching prospects they have.

during the Yankees broadcast of the game they showed his numbers at Double-A, and they were amazing. 12-2 with over 100 k's with an ERA just over 3. he gave up a lot of walks though, which comes with the territory of being a strikeout power pitcher. they got that kid as a supplemental draft pick when the Mets signed K-Rod.

So it continues.