MLB Discussion

not that it mattered at all, but i was real bummed marcos shot didnt go out. he put a real sweet stroke on that pitch.

if he or crawford could get hot, it would make a world of difference in that lineup

The Tigers are 6 games up in the Central. Time to rest Verlander.

Entirely possible, but the kid gloves are off with him. Leyland has let him push 150 pitches in some of his games. The Tigers have a history of fading down the stretch (I believe they were in the same position 2 years ago as right now, crapped the bed in the last month, and lost game 163 against the Twins). The rest of the pitching staff has been pretty shitty in the second half. Haven't heard anything in the media about him resting and I listen to a lot of sports talk radio.

Maybe that's just me making a case to keep it going, though. I believe he has enough starts left to possibly win 25 games. I think it was Buster Olney on ESPN today who said that if the vote was today, he would give Verlander the MVP. I think it is going to take a stat like 25 wins for him to get the support of other writers, though (ie a stat that jumps out at you as something a level above what the Cy Young winner usually has each year).

its gonna fuck shit up. was just reading that the sox/a's are thinking about a double header saturday... but i have a feeling they wont even be able to get a game in then.

probably gonna force them to play a late season as they dont have any mutual off days, and the a's are off the east coast the rest of the way after this weekend.

Weaver is my new favorite player.

Say what you will about his one bad day in Detroit but the dude is fucking awesome.

When asked about why he signed for less than he would have gotten as a FA he said something like "If I cant take care of my family and future generations with $95M then Im really stupid". I thought that was great. Plus he will only be about 33 when this contract is up and could possibly sign another pretty lucrative deal after this one. Plus it probably pissed off Boras.

The Tigers are 6 games up in the Central. Time to rest Verlander.

Entirely possible, but the kid gloves are off with him. Leyland has let him push 150 pitches in some of his games. The Tigers have a history of fading down the stretch (I believe they were in the same position 2 years ago as right now, crapped the bed in the last month, and lost game 163 against the Twins). The rest of the pitching staff has been pretty shitty in the second half. Haven't heard anything in the media about him resting and I listen to a lot of sports talk radio.

Maybe that's just me making a case to keep it going, though. I believe he has enough starts left to possibly win 25 games. I think it was Buster Olney on ESPN today who said that if the vote was today, he would give Verlander the MVP. I think it is going to take a stat like 25 wins for him to get the support of other writers, though (ie a stat that jumps out at you as something a level above what the Cy Young winner usually has each year).

Verlander is the obvious choice for the Cy Young. He has the best WHIP in MLB, he's only given up 9 more earned runs than Jared Weaver and has pitched 14 more innings and he leads MLB in K's. I just worry because he's thrown over 100 pitches in every start this season and if it gets close, they will start throwing him on 3 days rest. That would ruin their playoff chances.

Rangers are making me very sad.

They have been making me very happy. Gonna be a fun weekend.

Angels got Haren throwing tonite and Sat and Sun both have TBD for their starter, I think their going to throw Santana and Weaver in those 2 games. Huge series, they cant afford to throw one of these new kids or Pinero at all in this series.

Verlander is the obvious choice for the Cy Young. He has the best WHIP in MLB, he's only given up 9 more earned runs than Jared Weaver and has pitched 14 more innings and he leads MLB in K's. I just worry because he's thrown over 100 pitches in every start this season and if it gets close, they will start throwing him on 3 days rest. That would ruin their playoff chances.

Don't forget about a no-hitter and two more no-hitters that he lost in the 8th or later.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':lbvl9b78]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':lbvl9b78]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Anyone read "mostly mlb notes" or "mostly nfl notes" on the yahoo fantasy site? The random internet links thrown in are great! Here's a story in the NY Times about Kei Igawa's current situation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/sports/baseball/kei-igawa-the-lost-yankee.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=baseball

the yanks/sox game last night was one of the biggest nail biters ive seen in years... it comes down to the best relief pitcher in baseball history versuses the best hitter in baseball with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.... and on yeah... 4.5 hours into the game

yeah that was a little too stressful...good series for sure.