MLB Discussion

ive known this was going to more than likely happen, but where do you think prince fielder will end up? most of the large-money teams are already tied up at 1B/DH, and he's only 27, so whatever team spends the money is going to have power for years to come.

Im hoping he stays with the Brewers but Ive heard its a possibility the Dodgers could get him. Not really sure how that would work with their current financial/owner situation though cause the dude's gonna get $150M+.

Love Prince. He is just the kind of player that the Dodgers could rebuild around. Cleveland is a good spot as well. The best spot? Maybe Tampa if they'd spend the money. They are already AL East contenders but a big bat like that in the middle of the line-up would change it all for them.

It's hard to picture exactly where he'll end up. You know who might have some spare post-season dollars to go after Prince? The Rangers. Wouldn't he put them over the edge.

I would however love to see Braun and Fielder stay together.

Now, how about Pujols? Two big 1Bs avail and the two biggest spenders out of the loop. I don't see the Mets blowing big money on one player either with all their woes.

would it be crazy for the cardinals to go after him? why pay an aging Pujols with a 10 year contract when you can pay Prince 2/3 of the money per year, and for 7-8 years (and have nearly all of those years be VERY productive ones)?

if i were them, i'd say "thanks, it's been real" to albert and go after prince.

would it be crazy for the cardinals to go after him? why pay an aging Pujols with a 10 year contract when you can pay Prince 2/3 of the money per year, and for 7-8 years (and have nearly all of those years be VERY productive ones)?

if i were them, i'd say "thanks, it's been real" to albert and go after prince.

This would not be a bad idea for the Cards

mariano was always the most dominant closer... "save" is kind of a weird stat... Think of how many Mo would have if he didn't pitch for a team that scores like 7 runs a game for his tenure? The Padres were never an offensive juggernaut so any one of their wins was more likely to be a save situation. Mo has one pitch. You know exactly what is coming... you just can't do anything about it.

mariano was always the most dominant closer... "save" is kind of a weird stat... Think of how many Mo would have if he didn't pitch for a team that scores like 7 runs a game for his tenure? The Padres were never an offensive juggernaut so any one of their wins was more likely to be a save situation. Mo has one pitch. You know exactly what is coming... you just can't do anything about it.

I think it is difficult to justify this claim. In 2004, the Yanks were second in save opportunities. In 2003, 5th. In 2002, 6th. In recent years they have been in the 8 to 15 range most years.

I'm not going through the work of calculating it, but I would bet money that over the years Mo has been the Yankees closer the Yankees have been top 8 in save opportunities. Yeah, they score a lot of runs that can eliminate save chances, but they also win A LOT of games...

it may have been the lowly o's, but that inning felt so much better than you can imagine.

however, reddick misplaying balls in the outfield only continues our can't-catch-a-break woes.

dear red sox,

you're welcome for us dropping the massacre on the Rays like we have this week and helping you stave off the biggest september collapse in the history of the sport.. the orioles? really guys? Hey theres still time ... and the angels are breathing down your necks now too...

<3 the yankees

Went to the final seven Reds home games. Ended up getting 5 games for free for placing a deposit on our season tickets. Seven games in a row was a blast! Got to see some a few cool things happen. To top the list, I got to see the Reds strike out 4 times in one inning. One of those rare, trivia answer situations. Got to see Drew Stubbs strike out for the 200th time and tie the Reds single season record. Saw Bronson Arroyo set the new team season high for home runs given up at 41, and then padded his record by giving up 3 more. On the plus side, got to see Jay Bruce's third career walk off home run, which I've been present for two of them. I also caught a batting practice home run ball from an Astros player. Wish I knew who it was. I hate to see the season end.

dear red sox,

you're welcome for us dropping the massacre on the Rays like we have this week and helping you stave off the biggest september collapse in the history of the sport.. the orioles? really guys? Hey theres still time ... and the angels are breathing down your necks now too...

<3 the yankees

yeah, well if you really care then you better field another sad sack of losers in these next 3 games the way you did against the rays last night.