MLB Discussion

Fri, Aug 19

1B Mike Napoli drove in the Rangers' only run with his 20th homer of the year, which prompted a stare-down from Angels starter RHP Jered Weaver. The homer also extended Napoli's road hitting streak to 19 games, the second longest in Rangers' history behind Rafael Palmeiro.

What a little bitch...again...

Can a Burnett meltdown be considered epic any longer? Feels more like routine or typical.

Girardi's post-game interview though, that was a bit of a meltdown.

I would have a meltdown, too if I just threw strike three with two outs and it was called ball four by a incompetent umpire.

As for Girardi, I think he handled the post-game interview perfectly. It is "silly" how the media keeps digging at this story. Granted AJ probably doesn't belong in the rotation right now but trying to pit the two against one another is going a bit too far.

i agree with the plaque idea for the dead Rangers fan. a statue is a little overboard.

in repsonse to the death the Rangers are just raising the height of the railing, not installing a net or anything to actually prevent people from falling. why that pit has no sort of covering is stupid to begin with, it was an accident waiting to happen. raising the height of the railing will only raise the height of the fall. people will still lunge out and over it for a ball, using the bottom rungs/bars for more leverage.

I hope Nova is in the ROTY ballot. I mean 13-4 including some missed starts because of when Hughes came back. The kid is incredible. Especially since last year he couldn't get past the 5th or 6th inning.

i'm pretty sure everyone who qualifies as a rookie is on the ballot. it all depends on who actually gets votes. with offensive guys like Hosmer and Trumbo i doubt a pitcher will win it, even if one of the top rookie starters throws a perfect game. Trumbo is almost running away with it with his numbers.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':1pbns7my]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':1pbns7my]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I hope Nova is in the ROTY ballot. I mean 13-4 including some missed starts because of when Hughes came back. The kid is incredible. Especially since last year he couldn't get past the 5th or 6th inning.

i'm pretty sure everyone who qualifies as a rookie is on the ballot. it all depends on who actually gets votes. with offensive guys like Hosmer and Trumbo i doubt a pitcher will win it, even if one of the top rookie starters throws a perfect game. Trumbo is almost running away with it with his numbers.

4 of the last 6 AL ROY winners have been pitchers. There is no bias against pitchers unlike the MVP.

Not saying Nova will win or deserves to win over the guys you mentioned, but the fact that he is a pitcher doesn't / shouldn't sway voters.

So stoked the Angels already resigned Weaver before he hit free agency. Its nice to see a guy stay with a team rather than take the biggest pay day from the Yankees or Red Sox. Both of those teams would have offered him a lot more to play for them.

It's good for the Rangers too...maybe they can resign CJ for a good price.