MLB Discussion

i clicked on that to listen to it on youtube. saw this on similar videos. had to watch from the 8th on.....

that fucking game. im getting goosebumbs just thinking about it. everyone should watch it from the 8th on...

I had Rhodes, Nelson and Kaz on a fantasy team.

That 2-2 to Vizquel was right down the middle

Braun showed up for camp today. Hope he gets grilled. As far as I am aware, he still has said very little about what he did, just a generic "I'm sorry and need to pay the price for what I have done" speech. Then he pretty much went off the media map.

Still want him to cop to what he did and when, with it bumped up against biogenesis records. Not sure the media has the leverage to make it happen, but they shouldn't forget about it just because 6 months have passed.

what are the phillies doing????

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/02/phillies-accuse-two-2013-draftees-of-ncaa-violations.html

This story is of particular note given the fact that agents who are advising draft prospects are unhappy and could withhold information from the Phillies as the draft approaches. In a followup tweet to his story, Fitt quotes an unnamed agent who told him, "As of today, Phillies are out. Phillies are not getting into any more of our households. We're shutting down all communications." He also tweets that multiple agents have said there will be repercussions for the Phillies.

Sounds like the Phils need to clean out the front office. Agents might hold a grudge against a person or group of people, but if a new GM steps in, they won't continue to punish the team for someone else's mistakes. On top of this, they suck and seem to have little upside.

I guess that is assuming that the problem does not go all the way to the owner level.

Sounds like the Phils need to clean out the front office. Agents might hold a grudge against a person or group of people, but if a new GM steps in, they won't continue to punish the team for someone else's mistakes. On top of this, they suck and seem to have little upside.

I guess that is assuming that the problem does not go all the way to the owner level.

Rumor is that it isnt Ruben Amaro Jr or any of his assistants but instead a smaller role person in the office that reported them.

Not that there is much risk involved with 1/8, Cruz has averaged 1.3 WAR per season over the last 3

Steal for the Orioles but a smart move for Cruz too.  With his ban last season it was going to be difficult to get a good contract this year, but now he's put himself in prime position to play one solid year then strike it big next year with free agency.  I'm surprised his agent didn't think of that when the Rangers made him a qualifying offer though.

Steal for the Orioles but a smart move for Cruz too.  With his ban last season it was going to be difficult to get a good contract this year, but now he's put himself in prime position to play one solid year then strike it big next year with free agency.  I'm surprised his agent didn't think of that when the Rangers made him a qualifying offer though.

Yeah he'll turn 34 this season. Assuming this season goes the way of the rest of his career (30 homers, weak defense,.260ish average), he's probably looking at 2 years, 20 million if he has a pretty good year.

i have a hard time believing someone lower down on the phillies' ladder was the one who reported it without upper management's knowledge. even if it did happen somehow i agree with mike, that's on amaro. idiots.

orioles went all in this year by screwing next year's draft and i think they'll be lucky to be much more than a .500 team