MLB Discussion

Hamilton to texas.

Why would you cut ties with him if you could get players for him? Chances are they were going to owe him money no matter what so get prospects back instead of losing out

It looks like Texas is going to cover about $15m of his salary. Still owed about $83m. I'm sure they would have had to cover more in order to get prospects back (at least any prospects of substance once all the details come out).

That's a HUGE deal for Texas. Got a former MVP in age 33-35 seasons for $5m a year. That's easily worth the gamble.

Also, it's awesome that the Angels made that Hamilton deal to start with. Having Trout in his low cost years with some money spent on Free Agents should almost guarantee making the playoffs. They've blown it with the signings, though.

It looks like Texas is going to cover about $15m of his salary. Still owed about $83m. I'm sure they would have had to cover more in order to get prospects back (at least any prospects of substance once all the details come out).

That's a HUGE deal for Texas. Got a former MVP in age 33-35 seasons for $5m a year. That's easily worth the gamble.

Also, it's awesome that the Angels made that Hamilton deal to start with. Having Trout in his low cost years with some money spent on Free Agents should almost guarantee making the playoffs. They've blown it with the signings, though.

Heyman says the deal could still fall apart. For hamiltons sake i hope it goes thru. Theres alao no income tax or somethjng like that in texas too so that sweetens the deal for hamilton

Heyman says the deal could still fall apart. For hamiltons sake i hope it goes thru. Theres alao no income tax or somethjng like that in texas too so that sweetens the deal for hamilton

I know MLB doesn't have a salary cap but there should be something in all sports to make contracts equitable between teams with regards to state income tax (similar to the luxury tax system). It's really needed more in sports with a hard cap.

Bryce Harper has completely become a (modified) 3 true outcome hitter this year. 55 of 57 of his PA have resulted in either a hit (16) a walk (16) or a strikeout (23). I guess that's what you want in a cleanup hitter but when are we going to start being honest about his ability.

The numbers are off. 73 PAs, 56 ABs, 16 bb, 1 SF, 22 Ks, 16 H before today.

So it's something like 16 of the 34 balls put in play have fallen for hits. Nothing really crazy there.

A .480 BABIP? Not crazy but that is abnormal. My bad with the PA number, I thought it was crazy when I read it.

Fangraphs says .375 BABIP so I'm going to go ahead and stop attempting math this weekend.

well apparently Hamilton vetoed another trade that would have gotten him more money, and he wanted to go back to Texas, and wanted the hell out of SoCal for his personal health.  I applaud him for doing what he needs to do to take care of himself at the expense of money.  Also, fuck the Angels owners for completely disregarding the privacy of the JDA.

Los Angeles is expected to pay most of the remaining $80.2 million Hamilton is owed: $20,234,973 this year and $30 million in each of the final two seasons. As part of the trade, Hamilton agreed to give up some of the money he was due, a person familiar with the trade said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because that was not announced.