MLB Discussion

yeah the jackson/granderson thing had me on the fence... but granderson was playing so well before he got hurt... and jackson is doing well too.. so i think it was a relatively balanced trade overall. And i'd be royally pissed if they got rid of montero... i doubt that jorge is going to get a contract extention past what he's due.... and those are BIG shoes to fill as far as offensive numbers.

yeah, i really like jackson! pretty cool article about all the young centerfielders here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100430&content_id=9695856&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

cool video and article here too:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100527&content_id=10492506&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Dodgers won't be doing anything. Their payroll is $95 million and McCourt has no money to pay a guy like Cliff Lee or Roy Oswalt, unfortunately. And I'm not sure the Dodgers could give up anything of value to get either of those guys. I also wonder if they did, could they win a World Series? I'm not so sure even with Oswalt or Lee the Dodgers could beat the Yankers, the Rays, or the Red Sox.

there's still a chance Montero could outgrow the catcher position so keeping him just because he might be Posada's replacement is bit short sighted. i definitely wouldn't get rid of him though, but if by some reason they do, there's still Romine in the system, who is a much better catcher. they're the two top prospects in the Yankees system and it's a tradeoff. Montero swings a great bat but can't hack it behind the plate or handle the pitching staff. Romine's bat is weaker but he's a solid defensive catcher and can call a game.

of course a huge curveball in all this is Cervelli, who has been doing a great job filling in for Posada this year and did great last year too. Cervelli is a great back up that can hold his own at the plate, the pitching staff loves working with him, plus he's young. he could be possible trade bait come July, but what team will be satisfied with Cervelli when Montero is there.

i can see the Yankees making a move for Oswalt and he would almost certainly waive his no trade clause to come to the Yankees. considering they had two chances to land Lee and passed both times, i doubt they will go for it this time. right now the biggest need is the bullpen, which wasn't too good when they weren't riddled with injuries.

Oh, Kendry...

Seriously, this guy must have some weak ankles. This is one of those moments when you have to know it's not your year.

Yea there are not a lot of guys playing very well for them and Kendry has been by far their best player and the dude fractures his leg by jumping on home plate. WTF

Still think they can win the division, there arent any dominant teams in the AL West this year. Hopefully Kendry can be back in a couple months.

off the wall topic:

Who is the best player never to make an All-Star team? I mean all time not current. For me? Tim Salmon.

god id have to go look... i guess you could just find dudes like mattingly/ripken/jeter etc that were essential locks at their position for long stretches and see who else was playing that position

Longoria better get the start at 3B, Im going to be pissed if its an all Yankee starting infield.

Cano deserves it and I have no problem with Jeter being there every year but there has to be someone who deserves it more than Tex and ARod. Id say Kendry if he didnt just break his damn leg and it would be cool to see Longoria get the start cause he's from my hometown.

Its all just a popularity contest, guys always get over looked.

Tex's offensive numbers are in the toilet this year... he's still been amazing defensively tho.

i dont think a-rod deserves it this year either.

Jeter will win, hes pretty much the face of baseball... altho Longoria is pretty much been tagged as his replacement.

Cano had such a ridiculous april, and is still relatively solid... he's at least deserving for 2nd.