MLB Discussion

for anyone who had any questions whether or not all those tampa bay fans at the end of last season were just bandwagoners i think tonights game is a perfect showing that they were. you've got the team you played in the ALCS last year in town and the stadium is completely empty.

They're still busy breaking down the Buccaneers draft picks

Guest duhpunk
for anyone who had any questions whether or not all those tampa bay fans at the end of last season were just bandwagoners i think tonights game is a perfect showing that they were. you've got the team you played in the ALCS last year in town and the stadium is completely empty.

i was really surprised, because even before we won the ALCS, Rays/Sox games were usually pretty crowded. i think it had more to do with the fact that they have played awful so far this season. so the fairweather fans are staying away.

i get home on Monday. after which, i will be there (hopefully) once a week or more cheering them on like i have since 1998.

The Cubs have been turning in some real gems lately. The other day Marmol and Gregg combined for something like 6 runs in 1 IP. Rich Harden will probably strike out 10-12 in 5-6 innings today and they'll still manage to lose 4-1 or something.

I figured Gregg would falter, but not Marmol, hes killing my fantasy team. Ramirez is the key to the Cubs success. Without him they are gonna be in trouble. Fukudome has been huge this year so far, too.

The Cubs have been turning in some real gems lately. The other day Marmol and Gregg combined for something like 6 runs in 1 IP. Rich Harden will probably strike out 10-12 in 5-6 innings today and they'll still manage to lose 4-1 or something.

I figured Gregg would falter, but not Marmol, hes killing my fantasy team. Ramirez is the key to the Cubs success. Without him they are gonna be in trouble. Fukudome has been huge this year so far, too.

Fukudome was also pretty huge the first half of last year too, but then tanked the second half, right?

haha whatever! dudes pitching fine for the brewers! got nothin' but love for BL!

He's pitching fine for now but give it a few months and that love will probably be hate.

whatever! thats fine! haha, give us those wins/quality starts now while the top 3 pitchers get in their groove. Bush seems to have settled down a bit and same with Suppan to an extent. And Gallardo? Thank you for finally showing up! but it is only May 4th, haha, so plenty of time for Bush/Suppan/Looper to end up with a 4.50+ ERA season :)

I really dont understand the hype behind Ken Griffey Jr. Every time I go to a Mariners game he either strikes out or just walks. He sucks in my oppinion.

if he hadn't been injury prone he would have been the single greatest ballplayer ever... i mean look at his numbers.. and he was always on the DL.

picked up tickets to the yanks v. rays on june 7th.... totally psyched

Geo is hurt. He's playing still but he's not doing too well.

Fukudome wasn't THIS hot last year in the first half.

The Cubs lineup today is LOL-worthy.

Hoffpauir, Gathright and Fukudome in the OF

Fontenot, Miles, Scales (31 year old rookie callup) and Lee with Hill catching in the IF

Sean Marshall pitching.

However, they're still probably better than the Giants, though I guess when Lincecum is pitching it doesn't matter. Cubs won't score more than a couple at most and they are already down 3-1.