MLB Discussion

why are the yankees fucking around with jeter? sign the guy, retire one of the greats..call it a day.

i saw a picture of him in a sox uni in the NY post and it just looked weird.

Well he wants WAY WAY more than he's worth but I think its worth it for the Yanks to spend the money to have him retire a Yankee. They will get so much shit if they let him go. Plus I cant imagine any other team paying him as much as the Yankees are offering.

whats everyone think about the news bit about Greinke saying he wouldn't neccesarily block a trade to NYY

Apparently he wants out of KC and doesnt want to go to a major market but he really wants to be on a winning team. I bet the Yankees go after him really hard if they dont get Lee. It would just be ridiculous if they got them both.

the yankees should avoid greinke. someone who has social anxiety disorder and has suffered from depression problems in the past will not be able to pitch well for the yankees. he would collapse under the pressure of pitching in new york. he has never been under a microscope in KC, at least not as much as he would be under pitching for the yankees, where one bad start and you make the back page of the post and a string of bad starts and people start calling for your head.

the yankees should avoid greinke. someone who has social anxiety disorder and has suffered from depression problems in the past will not be able to pitch well for the yankees. he would collapse under the pressure of pitching in new york. he has never been under a microscope in KC, at least not as much as he would be under pitching for the yankees, where one bad start and you make the back page of the post and a string of bad starts and people start calling for your head.

This. Greinke would collapse in NY.

Mariano $30M for 2 years ... supposedly turned down a $34M for 2 from the Angels, and an offer from the red sox.

I heard the Red Sox bid but I didnt know about the Angels. Kinda suprising they gave him an offer like that. They are really gonna spend some money this offseason. Im really hoping they can pick up like 3 or 4 guys this offseason. Maybe even trade for a couple more. Im gonna be super pissed off if they trade Napoli instead of Mathis.

werth & dunn did crawford a huge favor ... i'm really kind of surprised they didn't hold out until he was signed, and try to rake in the cash as the only available big bats

Yea I heard Crawford could be looking for like 8yrs/$180MM or 10yrs/$190MM. That seems REALLY REALLY high. He's a great player but thats an insane contract.

With the Red Sox getting Gonzalez it really takes some leverage from Beltre. Im hoping that the Angels can land them both and if they have to over pay for Crawford maybe they can get Beltre for a little cheaper.