MLB Discussion

Travis, not on the posting to Japan. The teams have four days to put in blind bids. Then the japanease team has four days to accept it. (So far they have always accepted it) Then the team has 30 days to negotiate the contract, if a contract is not reached within the 30 day window then the winning bid is returned to the team. The player has NO say in it at all besides denying the contract offers. Other teams do not get a chance to negotiate at all. The player has to return to Japan and can post again next year.

Gotcha, I thought other teams could talk to him if the team with the winning bid didnt sign him. Weird system.

I would think that if the American team made a large enough bid, there would be no negotiation. The Japanese team would just accept it. The negotiation is just a way for them to squeeze a couple extra million out of the deal but isn't necessary.

Why wouldn't he just admit this? To a pro ball player, I would think Herpes is a smaller deal than PEDs. Not saying that if he admitted to having Herpes it would take away the ban, but maybe would improve the baseball community's opinion of him.

it could be any number of things.. im on steroids every year due to being very allergic to poison ivy... theres so many number of things that he legit could be on.. i'd imagine alot of them are things you wouldnt want to be public knowledge

Krohn's disease. The man's got a shitting disorder. Betcha.

it could be any number of things.. im on steroids every year due to being very allergic to poison ivy... theres so many number of things that he legit could be on.. i'd imagine alot of them are things you wouldnt want to be public knowledge

Krohn's disease. The man's got a shitting disorder. Betcha.

Isnt that was Daryl from GJ has?

They do, but it isnt really a treatment. It doesnt stop it from happening, it is like taking advil when you have a broken arm. It dulls the pain slightly, but doesnt do much more. It almost always results in having to have sections of your intestine removed. Also Im not much of a steroid expert, but it is a low level steroid that they use, and I dont think it would cause as high levels as Braun had. The MLB allows for up to a 4 to 1 ratio when the normal human body does a 1 to 1 ratio, so I imagine that it wouldnt get much higher than that when taking it for a medical reason. Report was that Braun was the highest they have seen ever and more than double the limit.

Breaking news: A florida marlins outfielder claims that prince fielder to seattle is a "done deal". WE MUST REJOICE

The quiet offseason for the Seattle Mariners took a turn this afternoon thanks to a tweet from Miami Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison, who let go with this wowzer: “Just heard from my boy that Prince to Seattle is a done deal…” Prince Fielder? To Seattle? … Not so fast, say the Mariners. Staff writer Larry LaRue, on vacation in Southern California, called the team for comment, and it’s a simple one: Nothing’s brewing. GM Jack Zduriencik is not even in the office today, and the team’s head of media relations is on vacation for the week; two signs that the team has shut it down for the holiday. Further, MLB.com reporter Greg Johns, who covers the Mariners, tweeted the Mariners have not signed Prince Fielder. So what to make of this? Consider the source: Logan Morrison, a known loose cannon who was basically sent to the minors this season because of his love affair with social media. And, consider this: Prince – the rock star, not the chubby first baseman – played in Tacoma on Monday. And this from LoMo’s twitter account at about 2:50 p.m. : “Oh $hit, you guys thought I meant the 1B from Milwaukee. My bad. (I love all of you. Happy Holidays!)” Sounds like someone is having some fun, at the expense of Mariners fans.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/mariners/....#storylink =cpy

I don't think Gio Gonzalez is all that great, but it does give Washington a decent starting three. They might be a bit of a contender this year.

Frankly I've been waiting all off-season to read that Lackey is no longer a member of the Red Sox. Probably ain't going to happen but oooooof, is that a bad contract.

Breaking news: A florida marlins outfielder claims that prince fielder to seattle is a "done deal". WE MUST REJOICE

king felix must be rejoicing that he might win a game this year despite having a sub 1.00 era.

Well, he won the cy young a couple seasons back with a mariners .500 record so I dont think hes too worried about it. But I consider him trade bait this offseason

I don't think Gio Gonzalez is all that great, but it does give Washington a decent starting three. They might be a bit of a contender this year.

Frankly I've been waiting all off-season to read that Lackey is no longer a member of the Red Sox. Probably ain't going to happen but oooooof, is that a bad contract.

Said that the day he signed that contract.

Don't ask me why, but as a lifelong Yankee fan I've liked the Nationals too for the past 4 or so years, again I don't know why, but I'm really proud of the players they are producing and I don't know about the 2012 season, but I can bet you come 2013 they will be a top contender and not just for the WC, but against the Phillies for the NL East.

Don't ask me why, but as a lifelong Yankee fan IChrysalis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a pathway to self- sufficiency for homeless and ...

've liked the Nationals too for the past 4 or so years, again I don't know why, but I'm really proud of the players they are producing and I don't know about the 2012 season, but I can bet you come 2013 they will be a top contender and not just for the WC, but against the Phillies for the NL East.

It's just cool to watch basement teams put it together through work and talent. Same reason I never really root against the Rays or the Royals. Unless they all same like a bunch of shitbags.

Whoever commented on the Lackey contract. Yes. It looked bad since day one.

Why are the A's getting rid of all their pitchers? That is all they got.

Its not like they will be competitive any time soon being in the same division as the Rangers and Angels. I dont see why Seattle wouldnt trade King Felix either, they are absolutely horrible and, like the A's, wont be competitive for a while. Id rather they keep Felix though just so teams like the Red Sox and Yankees dont get him.

Why are the A's getting rid of all their pitchers? That is all they got.

Its not like they will be competitive any time soon being in the same division as the Rangers and Angels. I dont see why Seattle wouldnt trade King Felix either, they are absolutely horrible and, like the A's, wont be competitive for a while. Id rather they keep Felix though just so teams like the Red Sox and Yankees dont get him.

Have to have just enough hope to sell some tickets?