NFL Discussion

You can't judge Harbaugh by his record at Stanford when he inherited somebody elses team. Once he got his guys in there is when they became great. They're still riding what Harbaugh did to that program. He won at USD, he won at Stanford and he's winning in the NFL.

I don't get the idea that sherman hates harbaugh because harbaugh talked him down predraft. Since when does an nfl coach give advice to other teams?

I would assume that running a 4.54 40 time probably was the main reason he wasn't drafted earlier. Probably the most important stat for a corner coming out of college and that's a pretty mediocre time.

Instantly happier - Bowman has a partially torn ACL and MCL but it's not as bad as they thought. He will be back by the start of next season.

My first thought was "yeah right" but Peterson, Revis both able to overcome similar injuries and not really lose much on the field. I'm sure there are other good examples if you dug deeper.

Just to be clear Sherman was recruited as a WR to Stanford and it wasn't until Harbaugh got there and he moved him to DB that he had success. So yeah, he deserves some credit for getting the most out of the guy.

he was switched due to an injury to his knee that caused him to miss the entire season, he transitioned because he had to, not because he was better at defense

I thought skip looked like the bigger man

sure, if you're only looking at this from just this show, but bayless was going on ESPN before this taping and was saying how he doubted sherman was really any good to begin with and shouldnt be "confronting" revis on twitter.  so... 

I thought skip looked like the bigger man

If Skip is going to say Sherman isn't the best corner playing in the game and that his numbers don't back it up, and them claim he's one of the top 22 sports journalists/commentators, then he's gonna come off like a moron. Sherman played better than Revis this year (which seemed to be the crux of Bayless' argument). That "All-Pro Stanford grad line" had me rolling. There's no come back to that.

Skip only comes off like the bigger man if you don't think about the fact that he's out of line calling out a player like that. Shows zero journalistic integrity.

well that video is from last march, so it was before this season.  but bayless was trying to bait sherman into fighting over the whole twitter-revisgate which led to some of these quotes

The money quotes from Sherman:

• "Whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate beacuse those are some accomplishments you will aspire to but never accomplish. You have never accomplished anything."

• "I think you think more of yourself than you can prove."

• "In my 24 years of life, I'm better at life than you."

• "I'm intelligent enough and capable enough to understand that you are ignorant, pompous, egotistical, cretin. I'm going to crush you on here because I'm tired of hearing about it."

• "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution."