NFL Discussion

Anyone who wants to bitch about officiating should look at the roughing the passer call against Quentin Dial last week on literally the most textbook tackle. Extended AZ's drive and won them that game. I'm all for getting officiating right but you can't be mad that they made a snap choice wrong. Happens in every sport. If you want to bitch about the NFL not instituting replay on 15 yard+ penalties and penalties inside 2 mins of the 2nd and 4th quarters then I'm on board.

The toughest part about that play was that Rodgers' momentum in avoiding the hit exaggerated the whole thing. No it wasn't grabbed, but I don't blame the ref for seeing it like it was in real time.

It really just comes down to the fact that the whole replay system and even the rule book is broken. Start fresh, get rid of all the convoluted nonsense, and just have an official in the booth with a direct line to the field to say "hey, you got it wrong." Or "yeah, touchdown"

The toughest part about that play was that Rodgers' momentum in avoiding the hit exaggerated the whole thing. No it wasn't grabbed, but I don't blame the ref for seeing it like it was in real time.

It really just comes down to the fact that the whole replay system and even the rule book is broken. Start fresh, get rid of all the convoluted nonsense, and just have an official in the booth with a direct line to the field to say "hey, you got it wrong." Or "yeah, touchdown"

Pretty much this. I see how the ref called it. But the call was wrong.

Garbage football

There are no winners in games like these... a million penalties, tons of injuries, neither team playing well (except maybe the defenses in spurts), constant fumbles by Dallas and on top of that playing for position in a division where the leader has a losing record. NFCLEAST in full effect. 

Another AWFUL call against the Lions today at the worst possible time. Riddick called for a chop block on a guy who not engaged with anyone else (and not really even in the area of another Lion). Negated a nice 25 yard or so pickup in the red zone, so it pretty much erased 7 points off the board.

I guess it's good if they lose from here out, though.