NFL Discussion

i love the fact that my BILLS are finally winning. All the shit i've taken over the last few decades now has come around and i can proudly say im a bills fan... or at least without someone saying they SUCK... much like the COWBOYS as of late..haha. IM optimistic this year.. WHoo hoo!!

I don't want to jinx anything, because well... growing up in Buffalo you learn to expect the worst, but it would be hilarious if the Bills won it all this year, because no one in Buffalo can even watch the games because Time Warner is duking it out with CBS's parent company in a contract dispute.

i wouldn't mind seeing hines ward lit up. not injured, but just hit pretty hard, maybe knocked out.

something like chris tucker standing over deebo in friday

"you got knocked the fuck out!!"

Why? Because he blocks unlike other soft receivers?

Ward is a solid future Hall of Famer and your statement is classless.

i wouldn't mind seeing hines ward lit up. not injured, but just hit pretty hard, maybe knocked out.

something like chris tucker standing over deebo in friday

"you got knocked the fuck out!!"

Why? Because he blocks unlike other soft receivers?

Ward is a solid future Hall of Famer and your statement is classless.

i don't want him injured, i just want him hit like he blocks other people. i'm not saying he's not a good receiver.. but a lot has to do with this one hit on ed reed where he knocks him out of the game w/ a hit to the chin w/ his helmet. shit was dirty as fuck from what i remembered, so just want to see him get hit on a legal football play

(i'm not a ravens fan or anything either)

Ward is a solid future Hall of Famer

Lots not get ahead of ourselves here...

He'd need to play another 4-5 years of above-average football to have a solid shot. He's 32, so it's feasible, but I wouldn't call him a Future HOFer just yet.

Plus, there are only 11 WRs in the HOF (Rice comes up for eligibility next year, so that'll make 12)... there are a bunch of guys who deserve to get in before Ward does.

I'm not saying others don't deserve to be in it before Ward, but he'll make it in. He holds every Steelers receiving record, has a Super Bowl, a handful of Pro Bowls, etc...

There's a handful of folks in and around Pittsburgh sports who have votes for the HoF and they're confident that Ward will be there one day.

He holds every Steelers receiving record

I think that's largely a function of the Steelers typically being a run-first offense for most of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s (the exception being the end of Bradshaw's career ['78-'82]).

Well his two main competition among Steelers WR greats include Lynn Swann and John Stallworth, two NFL greats -- who also belong to the HoF.

I always feel like "bounty hit" rumors are untrue, especially now that the league fines players big time if they pull off a major injury hit.

Well it's not a rumor, Suggs said it to the media.

barely read about this. been out of town for a few days. I agree that Wards needs a good pop to cut his shit out. I mean, he broke a jaw, c'mon.

I think that's largely a function of the Steelers typically being a run-first offense for most of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s (the exception being the end of Bradshaw's career ['78-'82]).

Well his two main competition among Steelers WR greats include Lynn Swann and John Stallworth, two NFL greats -- who also belong to the HoF.

I personally don't think Swann belongs in the HOF -- sure, he came up big in the playoffs, but his regular season numbers were pedestrian, at best. (I think a lot of it has to do with his visibility as a TV personality after he retired... and it still took him something like 14 ballots to get elected into the Hall.)

Stallworth was pretty average as well.

Granted, like I mentioned before, the Steelers ran the ball a lot more than pretty much every other team in that era, so it kept Swann and Stallworth from accumulating bigger numbers.

i'd also like to see hines get lit up. He's the Rodney Harrison of wide receivers. And its going to be a long time before he ever gets into the hof just because there are so many great wide receivers ahead of him that haven't gotten in and at no point have I thought "Hines Ward is the best wide receiver in football"(which is my personal hall of fame test)

Well it's not a rumor, Suggs said it to the media.

barely read about this. been out of town for a few days. I agree that Wards needs a good pop to cut his shit out. I mean, he broke a jaw, c'mon.

bones are broken, tendons are torn, muscles are ripped, should every player that causes that kind of damage to another get the same back? Its a fucking contact sport, injuries like this are going to happen, and its not like Ward went out with the intention to break that guys jaw. It was a high block that went bad. you don't see anyone going after/a bounty out on the guy who blew out Brady's ACL, do you? Thats far more serious/severe than a broken jaw.