So... I'm finally moving out soon!

I'm all grown up!

I actually wanted to be out in June, but it was a struggle to find a 3-bedroom place that accommodated my brother, my friend JB, and myself as we all work at different places all over Pittsburgh -- My brother made it difficult because he worked almost an hour of the city and wanted us to move north into the middle of nowhere, um no.

So now it's down to just me and JB.

Anyways, I started this thread, because I wanted to inquire about some things I should purchase for my apartment. I want to get things out of the way now.

For example, I had no idea a rice cooker existed until a year ago, but after using my brother's all of the time I went out and bought one for myself.

Are there any things you recommend owning or wish you had that aren't quite obvious like silverware and a coffee table?

I'm getting the periodic table of elements shower curtain from Thinkgeek.

I already have an iron and I just brought an ironing board today.

Spices are a great idea I didn't think of.

Solid idea on the bed, that's the one thing I'm going to buy new -- I've been sleeping in a twin.

Thanks for all the help so far.

tools, silverware, pots,pans, plates, spices, cups, trash cans, towels, lamps, light bulbs, mostly just random shit like can openers, pizza cutters and extension chords.

oh and congrats on the new place. i love moving because you clean out all the shit you dont need/want but the physical act of moving is terrible.

i cant wait to move at the end of the month. mostly because i have a full size inflatable bed. we are on the third floor. so while i carry my bed down in a duffel bag, i get to laugh at my room mates struggling to get theirs out of their doorways! ha! thatll teach ya to drink my whiskey!

....fuckers.

A flashlight. I've found that I need this way more with a house than I did with an apartment but it'll come in handy very often.

Light bulbs. You can never have too many

Extension cords. The outlets are never close enough to where you want to put your shit.

The Clapper. So many uses, this shouldn't need explained. I prefer using mine to turn on and off the Christmas lights. Never ceases to amuse people.