Metallica - Death Magnetic 5xLP

juan was right first time. metallica died with cliff. ride and master were the pinnacle of their career, justice was good but nowhere near as good as master and black onwards are a steep decline into a cesspool of shite.

i so wish metallica stayed awesome. i hate it so much that their material post-justice is awful but the truth is, it is.

has anyone heard this record yet?

Pretty much no one has heard it yet. WB is keeping it super secret.

This album will suck ass. They are saying the same things about this album as they did about St. Anger and everyone know what a steaming pile that turned out to be. But it will still sell millions cause its Metallica.

5 records with 2 songs per record at 45prm is a little excessive. you'd expect the sound quality to be extraordinary. but seeing as the double LP reissues of Kill, Ride and Master were pretty crappy. i wouldn't drop the money for this.

I think the reissues are pretty solid, why do you think they are crappy?

If you have been keeping up with their fly on the wall studio videos then you know this album will be dope.. they took it back to trash, which is where they should have stayed.

"[Rubin's] mission statement was to get to the essence of Metallica," Hetfield said. "He told us, 'Think back to Master Of Puppets — what were you doing? What were you thinking? What were your influences? What bothered you? What was around you? Where did that hunger come from?'

I can't fucking wait.