New Rise Against on Picture Disc

I was recently listening to a really good comedy podcast and a guest's nephew was on there.

When asked what music he listens too he said Rise Against.. at first I was like cool... then reality slapped me in the face with it's dick.

Upon follow up he was asked Rise Against, what kind of band is that.. what type of music do they play? The response was.. umm I don't like rock, heavy metal type.

I almost screamed on the train.. Punk Rock! They are a punk rock band.. for all intents and purposes they are a punk Rock band you fucking idiot douche bag.

But I refrained since I didn't want to be hauled away in a strait jacket just yet

Great band, loathe the picture disc..

Unless its out of a stupid number (/100 etc) ill just stick to fapping over my RPM LP on Red

wish i owned a red RPM

I was recently listening to a really good comedy podcast and a guest's nephew was on there.

When asked what music he listens too he said Rise Against.. at first I was like cool... then reality slapped me in the face with it's dick.

Upon follow up he was asked Rise Against, what kind of band is that.. what type of music do they play? The response was.. umm I don't like rock, heavy metal type.

I almost screamed on the train.. Punk Rock! They are a punk rock band.. for all intents and purposes they are a punk Rock band you fucking idiot douche bag.

But I refrained since I didn't want to be hauled away in a strait jacket just yet

yah he probably had only listened to their new stuff though. one of those people that really knows nothing about music and likes what is cool.

I used to have a red RPM, was going through some pretty rough times and had to sell off a ton of my early fat wreck color vinyl, that's one of the ones I'm still bummed about, as well as a couple strung out LP's. Anyways, RPM was their last decent LP in my opinion, still have the poster for the release on my wall. After that, just over produced and way too radio friendly. Not that that's a problem, but with this band, I think they lost the sound that made them who they are today. It's funny they have a song on the unraveling about selling out. Oh well, I might pick up the picture disc depending on how limited it ends up being, but considering they're on a major, I'm sure it's out of /5000 and a hot topic release only or something lame.

Wow - that cover art is terrible, fuck a picture disc for sure! ;P

I will say that I do love this band to death, every single record except Unraveling, never been able to really get into that one like the others. RPM is the best, without a doubt, but I am quite fond of Siren and Sufferer as well.

And I don't even belong to a frat, beat up gays, rape women or other generally douchebagginess (new word?) - does that make me weird? Maybe I should take those up to fit the mold better...I've always wanted to get into rape.... ;P