NHL Discussion

See...this is why I like you. I'm glad this is his last season to be honest. He's amazing but I don't want to see him get hurt. I figured he had to come back for this season solely to wear the mighty once more and to play in the outdoor game.

Regardless of the team he plays for dude is a legend and one of the most respected players in the game. I thought it would have been a shame that if he didnt come back he didnt get a proper send off, like say Luc did, because of his uncertainty. I think it will be nice to be able to celebrate his career knowing this is his last. Im sure the Kings will do some sort of tribute to him at the last Kings/Ducks game at Staples.

Don't we end the season w/ a home and home?

Nevermind, our last game is hosting the Ducks, but the Ducks last game is hosting the Avs (nice tie in as Teemus last game)

Also, funny tweet from Kopitar

@AnzeKopitar

Hahah I love how some fans have huge rivalries and pure hatred, but all the players are the greatest of friends. Obviously, when they hit the ice, that all changes. But maybe the fans need to take a hint from the players and just be fans of hockey. BOTH SIDES. Pretty good send off playing the avs last, especially with Giguere in net for the Avs. I'm so happy I bought season tickets this year! So many benefits I'm reaping. I can't even begin to fathom how much those tickets for that last game are going to be.

Until the Kings & Ducks meet in the playoffs there is no longer a rivalry. I think it used to be strong when the Kings were shitty and the Ducks had a cup, but now that we both have cups the playing field is even.

Personally for me i feel the Canuks and Sharks are the Kings main rivals, im sure Blues fans might have something different to say about that after the past 2 playoffs but theres nothing there.

And rivalry or not at the end of the day you gotta respect the hell out of a guy like Teemu, Corey Perry on the other hand..

I hope he never retires. I love Teemu.

Sadly, I believe this is his last season. It states it at the end of the video, and he was questionable for this season. I think with how much this season means to the organization and all the great things they have planned for this year (throwback to mighty game, stadium series, 20th year anniversary, etc), he is doing this just to be a part of the team during these times and, obviously, contribute. He has stated plenty of times before that if he doesn't feel like Anaheim can win the Cup, he won't come back... I think we're kinda far away from that contention but it doesn't keep me from cheering for it.

Sadly, I believe this is his last season. It states it at the end of the video, and he was questionable for this season. I think with how much this season means to the organization and all the great things they have planned for this year (throwback to mighty game, stadium series, 20th year anniversary, etc), he is doing this just to be a part of the team during these times and, obviously, contribute. He has stated plenty of times before that if he doesn't feel like Anaheim can win the Cup, he won't come back... I think we're kinda far away from that contention but it doesn't keep me from cheering for it.

I disagree, I think the Ducks are contenders in the West personally. Especially if Hiller is on. 

I disagree, I think the Ducks are contenders in the West personally. Especially if Hiller is on. 

I feel that they are contenders too, but the West is full of really damn good Contenders. It all depends on if the 3rd and 4th line show up the way they did last season and Perry doesn't choke in the playoffs. I really wish we would have kept Ryan and traded Perry, but oh well. But when you look at the *dare I say it* Kings, and pains me to say Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose, and even sometimes Phoenix are incredibly strong teams that always seem to show up (save for Vancouver and San Jose in the playoffs) which makes the West rough. The East is just as competitive, I know, but the to me the West is just more tough to get into the playoffs in a good spot. Our only saving grace is that the Red Wings are not in the West anymore. Every fucking time we get matched up against the Red Wings, the Ducks just cannot produce. I hate it.

I feel that they are contenders too, but the West is full of really damn good Contenders. It all depends on if the 3rd and 4th line show up the way they did last season and Perry doesn't choke in the playoffs. I really wish we would have kept Ryan and traded Perry, but oh well. But when you look at the *dare I say it* Kings, and pains me to say Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose, and even sometimes Phoenix are incredibly strong teams that always seem to show up (save for Vancouver and San Jose in the playoffs) which makes the West rough. The East is just as competitive, I know, but the to me the West is just more tough to get into the playoffs in a good spot. Our only saving grace is that the Red Wings are not in the West anymore. Every fucking time we get matched up against the Red Wings, the Ducks just cannot produce. I hate it.

I think the Ryan trade actually helped you guys get better honestly. I have a friend from OC who is a ducks fan and was telling me how everyone hates Perry out there, I dont understand how you guys can hate a guy who produces as much as he does haha

I think the Ryan trade actually helped you guys get better honestly. I have a friend from OC who is a ducks fan and was telling me how everyone hates Perry out there, I dont understand how you guys can hate a guy who produces as much as he does haha

Watch his highlights and he looks fantastic. Watch his play overall and watch how lazy he is. Dude gives up on EVERYTHING unless he has a chance to score. His defense is appaling and if he doesn't score, he stays in the offensive zone and leisurely skates back to where he is supposed to be as if there is no such thing as defense.

I agree we are better off after the Bobby trade, I just wish it was Perry that was traded instead of Bobby.

i'm a kings fan and i definitely like bobby ryan better than corey perry.  i was glad when anaheim traded ryan because now i can cheer for the guy to do well.

i mostly hate the ducks, but i make an exception for teemu.  that guy is so unhateable.

oh and dustin penner.  not just because he played for the kings.  i like that guy's sense of humor.  seems like a nice guy also.  he brought the cup to my neighbor's work (newport beach PD) both times he won the cup.

ifworkpermits, you seem like an ok ducks fan.  :)

Hate the Ducks but goddam that team is so set with their draft picks and that Bobby Ryan traded will help them way more in the long run. The Ducks will be good for the next 10 years. Hiller and Fasth are already in the NHL, Gibson is in the farm, both players you got from the Sens were their first picks (not to mention Silfverberg got incredible experience this year) plus you get their 1st next year too not to mention all the talent already developing. 

Pretty excited to start the season and see what the Hawks can do. I hope we bring up a couple young guys to fill some holes. The second line center position is open. We have a ridiculous amount of talent waiting to get called up.

Chicago are safe draft wise for a while, they're one of the best in the league when it comes to draft and development. I forget his name but they have an AHL stud who will take over that second/third line job with no problems. 

Anyone been following the Kadri/Franson debacle in Toronto? I'm only an hour away so it's the only thing I hear about daily. I would love nothing more than for the Leafs to lose Kadri. He's been their best prospect in years and they're going to fucking blow it because they undervalued him. But no worries, they've already extended Nonis for five years even though he essentially spit in the face of the goaltender who got them into any sort of place to compete in the playoffs and could potentially lose their future superstar and top D. I honestly think Kadri will have to go. There are a ton of factors that would keep him in Toronto but no one loves Kadri more than Kadri so if the dollars aren't there I think he may take an offer sheet should one come up.